Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Adept II
Adept II

AMD just gave us the finger with 15.5 and witcher

Jump to solution

So I just installed the 15.5 beta drivers for witcher 3, and I see absolutely no change whatsoever, same framerate, same hit with hairworks, same 20% performance HIT when using crossfire, and it jitters.

Even just using the skyrim crossfire profile gets rid of the jitter.

I don't know what to say. How is this even remotely acceptable?

Please someone tell me I need to change a setting somewhere, because otherwise wow just wow.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD just gave us the finger with 15.5 and witcher

Jump to solution

I just updated.

For the record, Im using R9 280X Tri-X OC 3Gb crossfired with 7970Ghz Vapor-X.

Am having stable 60FPS throughout, following the advice given by amd Optimizing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Optimal Performance on AMD Radeon™ Graphics. here.

Did you clean uninstall the previous driver?

I used the latest DDU. No problem till date

Performance is extremely good now with all the settings maxed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I just updated.

For the record, Im using R9 280X Tri-X OC 3Gb crossfired with 7970Ghz Vapor-X.

Am having stable 60FPS throughout, following the advice given by amd Optimizing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for Optimal Performance on AMD Radeon™ Graphics. here.

Did you clean uninstall the previous driver?

I used the latest DDU. No problem till date

Performance is extremely good now with all the settings maxed

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Well I removed all AMD software from the control panel, then reinstalled, I even tried disabling ulps.

An interesting side note is that when I "use AMD pre-defined profile", I can't find one specifically for the witcher 3. Shouldn't there be one?

And I so suppose I do have to admit that crossfire performance is up a tad, but... it's still 5% LOWER than with a single card so you can't really count that.

Seriously drives me nuts how opaque AMD is about all this. I wish they'd give an honest estimate on when (or if?) I can expect to see a half decent crossfire profile (>40% increase over single card)

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Okay Holy Fr3aking Hallelujah!

I've seen several tweaking guides, but that's the first one to suggest turning off temporalAA, I just went from 50 fps up to 90.

While that's still much more difficult to setup then it should be, I'm no longer ticked at AMD. I was seriously considering selling my cards on Ebay (took photos of them and everything).

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

That's because this form of temporal AA doesn't work with AFR-based multiGPU rendering. Temporal AA compares the current frame to the next and applies AA accordingly. Which is impossible to do using Alternate Frame Rendering (GPU 1 rendering frame 1, GPU 2 rendering frame 2). In theory it SHOULD be possible using Split-Frame Rendering though (both GPU's working on the same frame), but there are apparently fundamental issues for using SFR, for which I'm curious how Microsoft is going to solve these for DirectX12, since SFR would be the way-to-go on this API.

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

currently playing @ DSR 4k , 2 crossifred 290 with antialising off 55-60 FPS <3 AMD .

the only problem some flikers that is not that issue and the water effect , now CD projekt have to do something .

0 Kudos
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

jawadsmokii schreef:

currently playing @ DSR 4k , 2 crossifred 290 with antialising off

That simply is not possible. AMD cards don't support DSR.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

And you accept that stuttering? I run 2560×1440 on 295x2 and fps shows 60-70+ but it stutters like its around 40 with Vsinc

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

He mean VSR, its AMD's DSR )

Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

I ment VSR , Miss type XD

0 Kudos