OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name LAPTOP-QRT9GG7K
System Manufacturer HP
System Model HP Notebook
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Insyde F.24, 6/15/2017
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 66.41
BIOS Mode UEFI
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1566"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.45 GB
Available Physical Memory 894 MB
Total Virtual Memory 5.82 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.53 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I have an issue with the AMD Installer appearing after every boot. Some background of the situation is I thought I would update drivers for AMD Radeon I think it was by using the fancy installer. Here is what happened after install AMD reboot :

I got a Blue Screen of Death
The screen would flicker intermittently
I had to run system restore
After restore, I think I uninstalled the installer
It is gone from Add Remove
Now the AMD Install Manager shows up at every boot and unchecking the box doesn't stop it from showing up next time.
It gives me an error message that there are no components currently installed.

This is a family computer and they are at the end of their rope with how maddening this is. The problems are that I'm afraid to repair the drivers or clean them up because I don't want to get the flickering again and it is an eyesore to show up every time.

Does anyone have a solution that is the least amount of friction?

Microsoft Windows 10 on HP Laptop
AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical
0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay I think I fixed it by another method entirely. I was gonna create an autohotkey script and run it to close the install manager at each startup, but then I found the solution, task scheduler. I simply sorted the task list until only the AMD tasks were present and disabled each of them. This may be a solution, but AMD could make an option to "not run on startup" within Radeon Settings. I don't know if such an option is present in newer builds, but if not then it should be. 

Update :tasks are truly disabled. Success

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

You need to give the full specs of your PC, including PSU.. Please..

You should download DDU and follow the instructions exactly..

Then download and re-install Adrenalin..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

DDU is far superior to AMD cleanup Utility, in my opinion. But the AMD tool does work good enough I suppose.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the reason I am in this mess is because AMD practically forced this driver update on me and the cleanup utility did everything except remove registry keys that prevent it from showing up at startup. Do you know of a less intense solution?  BTW, I did peruse the ddu guide and it says something about device performance playing a factor in the uninstall process. I have a BIOS from 2017 as the specs show and the computer has been through multiple chkdsk and defrags in the past, but to no avail. Please help. 

0 Likes

As it is a laptop, you will have to get drivers from HP website for your laptop make/model..

Also while your there see if there is a new bios too..

Just go to HP website and support.. Official HP® Support

You can opt to let HP scan your computer and recommend drivers etc...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

Thank you, if that doesn't solve it, what do I do?

0 Likes

Reset the laptop then do the HP website drivers..

0 Likes

Do you mean a clean install, because that will not work.  As I stated before, this is a family laptop and my family would blow a gasket if I messed it up.  Is there a resource that you know of other than DDU or AMD Cleanup Utility.  I am able to upgrade using the installer prompt, will that fix it?

0 Likes

I will try to get that info to you soon. 

0 Likes

What is PSU?

0 Likes

18F3D55F-6178-42F1-8974-E2CBBF8CEAD9.png

0 Likes
WINSKITTLES
Adept I

Hello again

Thanks to all of the patient gamers and tech aficionados who have helped me, it means a lot.  I have an update on my issue, I selected upgrade as seen in the image and didn't uncheck any of the boxes in the next screen.  The drivers installed correctly without any flicker, but the Install Manager starts at each boot still.  Is it common that even by going in Task Manager > Startup and disabling the Radeon Settings option from booting each time, that it would still boot after initially upgrading and then be fixed at the next boot?

AMD Installer Alt.png

0 Likes

Okay I think I fixed it by another method entirely. I was gonna create an autohotkey script and run it to close the install manager at each startup, but then I found the solution, task scheduler. I simply sorted the task list until only the AMD tasks were present and disabled each of them. This may be a solution, but AMD could make an option to "not run on startup" within Radeon Settings. I don't know if such an option is present in newer builds, but if not then it should be. 

Update :tasks are truly disabled. Success

0 Likes