cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joelgermain
Adept I

AMD install driver stall

I had some issues and tried to install the latest driver but either from AMD auto install or downloading the driver from the web site have corrected the problem. The install stall (and show still working even after 10 minutes) but nothing advance. The photo is the place the driver install start and it stays to that place. Capture.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies

Personally my luck with the auto install has been pretty bad. Now that is not because AMD is doing something wrong. I have found that security software added will interfere with this installation and in this past year even Windows 10 update will mess it up.

If you want to have a more trouble free experience just let the Radeon Software notify you of driver updates. Then go get the driver package manually. I highly suggest loading them after a restart, with all security software temporarily disable and with the INTERNET disconnected so Windows update can't mess it up.

0 Likes

Unfortunatly, the picture and what is happening is with a driver download from the website. From the automatic download and install, it just stop at roughtly where the "Click" is written.
I've trie with restart, tried with antivirus off and malware off. still nothing. The big reson why i want to upgrade is because since the last update, i have some weird driver issues. On google chrome, i have weird glitch on the bottom third of the screen (nothing when i switch to an other app) and because it make my computer go into a hard close when playing civilization 6

0 Likes