cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

yummiertag
Journeyman III

AMD hotkeys and relive doesn't work

Before starting off, my GPU is a MSI rx570 4gbs OC. I got it on eBay and the seller used it for some sorts of crypto and stuff. this stemmed a problem where every time I update the driver, the driver cannot detect my GPU so I need to use an app called "atikmdag-patcher" which does stuff to fix that problem. Just wanted to mention this beforehand.

Main problem, This problem all started in July this year (2021). At first my AMD software wouldn't open. every time I clicked on it to open, it would load (blue wheel beside the mouse) then nothing happens. I accepted this and just forgot about it. Then I got frustrated because I couldn't use relive to clip any gameplay I wanted to clip. I tried all sorts of stuff to try fixing the problem. From using DDU and all that jazz, even trying stuff with the registry. Then very recently I updated my drivers for a game and my friend recommended MSI after burner, just to see what I can do with it. Then magically I can open my AMD software. I get my moment of happiness. Then boom, my hot keys like "ALT+R", "CTRL+SHIFT+S" and "ALT+Z" just don't work at all. No clips being saved or AMD side bar opening mid game ("ALT+R"). 

Now currently I did the only other possible fix and that was to completely reinstall windows 10 and wipe my hard drive of games. But when installing the drivers after reinstalling windows 10, I got an error while installing the driver, "driver failed to load on your system", it brought it up in a small box and gave me an option to send a bug report or cancel. I've tried before to send a bug report but never got a response. After hitting cancel on the error message the drivers installed then made me restart my pc to install the drivers. After that, I open the AMD software and still no use, hot keys don't work nor does relive.

It would be amazing getting this mess fixed. Id try everything to fix this problem.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hello,

Just a thought as to verify the card BIOS and ID might have been modified by previous owner in order to increase it's crypto capability. If you think this might have occurred I'd use GPU-Z to verify by using the look up and BIOS buttons provided by GPU-Z. Please note that some folks might have changed a GPU by flashing it which could compromise a cards performance and longevity.

Possibly useful tool @ https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-gpu-z/

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

hey. so i got the image here of every thing from that app. I've used this app before 

unknown (7).pngunknown (9).pngunknown (8).png

0 Likes