cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darkxavi90
Adept I

AMD High Definition Audio Device where?

Hello someone can help me with AMD High Definition Audio Device for RX 570 8GB? please i search on the internet on website from AMD and i cant fine anywhere on AMD just give me the AMD Adrenaline i have the moust recente and dont give me that drivers for audio for i can use my cable HDMI for sound on my GPU because he just give me Imagem and no sound on Motherboard B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC.

Because i dont have and dont find anywhere that Driver i dont have sound for HDMI cable on sound sistem and im crazy, or Windows is little drunk or AMD is a little lazy.
THanks all 

3 Replies

First make sure your RX570 is recognized in Device Manager under "Display Adapter".

If it is, then download the latest AMD Driver for your GPU card from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/radeon-rx-570 

If it still doesn't show AMD HD Audio in Device Manager then try installing a previous AMD Driver from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500-series/rade... 

It is possible that Nahimic is preventing AMD HD Audio from working or is in conflict. Can you temporarily disable or uninstall Nahimic Mirroring device and also your Creative Stage Air soundbar and then try to install the AMD Driver again and see if it shows up in Sound Panel and Device Manager.

Then use this method to install and remove your AMD Driver from your computer:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

If AMD HD Audio is showing in Device Manager and Sound Panel, you can now enable Nahimic and Creative Stage Air sound bar and see what happens.

NOTE: You must choose and click on "Audio Default Device" in Sound panel to make Audio work on your computer. If you click on Nahimic or Creative Stage Air Sound bar and it isn't using the AMD HD Audio driver then that will be your Default Audio Device for your computer.

Thanks, but MSI solved the problem, is BIOS of Motherboard dont acepted that dont know why, they send me Beta BIOS and now its work fine, But Thanks

Yes this is an issue with the firmware and Polaris cards. The new firmware just came out last week and hopefully will be posted to the general public by the motherboard makers soon, without having to ask the support departments for beta bios. 

Glad they got your fixed up!