cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

envy-x360
Newcomer

AMD High Definition Audio Controller Code 52

Hi, I recently noticed that my audio is muted and will not work. Any ways the internet suggests have not worked yet and I have the latest driver. Also, most of the "Code 52 Fixed Once and For All" wikis are about the AMD High Definition Audio Device [Code 52], but my issue is with the AMD High Definition Audio Controller. I need help with this. Thanks! Details: -Problem Code: 00000034, -Problem Status: C0000428, -Driver Key: {4d36e97d-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0049

AMD Graphics Card:

AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics

Desktop or Laptop System:

HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-cp0013nr (Laptop)

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Driver Version Installed:

Display Devices:

AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 8 Graphics, AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x15DD), 1920 x 1080 @60Hz

Motherboard + Bios Revision:

AMI F.32, 12/10/18

CPU/APU:

AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

RAM:

8GB

Link to other related problem: Realtek Audio Device Code 45

0 Likes
20 Replies

Need to give more information then what you have posted. Please follow AMD Forum rules about post your computer info: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

What GPU do you have installed? Make & Model? Windows version installed? AMD Driver version installed? Make & Model of Motherboard? What is your "default" Audio device?  Is this a Laptop or a Desktop?

This Microsoft explanation of error code "52":

Code 52 “Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. (Cod...

Full Error Message

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)

Cause

The driver may be unsigned or corrupted.

Recommended Resolution

Download the latest driver from the hardware manufacturer's website, or contact the manufacturer for help.

Reinstall the driver again it might have been corrupted when you installed it the first time. Be sure to use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode with the internet disconnected before install the driver again.

I can not find the driver from "the hardware manufacturer's website".

0 Likes

I believe this is the laptop from HP Support Download page for Drivers: HP ENVY x360 - 15-cp0013nr - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

You have latest Raven Ridge (Ryzen 5 2500U) Driver package you can download from above link plus a recent BIOS update that might make your APU more compatible:

The graphics driver is not the issue the audio controller is.

0 Likes

The AMD Driver package includes the AMD HD Audio drivers otherwise you will need to download Realtek HD Audio for your laptop. 

Have you tried updating the Audio Controller through Device Manger?

I installed all three but now I have more problems. I now have a Code 14 on System Firmware, and BIOS won't fully install.

0 Likes

Here is Microsoft Error Code 14. It says your computer must be restarted:

I found out that is probably is due to one of the drivers that you installed. Follow the instructions at this website to help resolve your Error 14: How To Fix Windows Error Code 14 - Reliable Fix

and this one seems to have better instructions and explanations: https://errortools.com/drivers/repair-error-code-14/

Note: don't download any "Recommended" Software to fix. Just follow the instructions. Majority of the times the "Recommended" software will make matter worse.

Ok thanks I'll try that. I just need to wait 24hrs for my free license key on ASR Blue.

0 Likes

Did you miss the 'Note' from elstaci, 'don't download any...…….'

I think you should uninstall 'asr blue' immediately.

Also there are no drivers for your product available directly from AMD, you should contact HP support and work through the problems with them.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Oh yeah thanks!

0 Likes

Ok I tried what both websites said (Other than downloads) and that didn't fix it.

0 Likes

I would do what Goodplay recommended and open a HP Support ticket to see if they give you some idea of what it going on.

Here is HP Support on how to check if your computer has hardware failing: HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

This is the HP Diagnostic test you can download and run to check your laptop before contacting HP Support: HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Can you clarify what you meant by that "BIOS WON"T FULLY INSTALL"?

0 Likes

Sure, when I restart to finish the BIOS install it says failed.

0 Likes

This doesn't happen anymore.

0 Likes

Update: System Firmware has changed from [Code 14] to [Code 10]

0 Likes

Here is Microsoft explanation of Error Code 10:

Thank you that worked for system firmware.

0 Likes
envy-x360
Newcomer

I need help with my other driver problem at Realtek Audio Device Code 45

0 Likes
envy-x360
Newcomer

Thanks Everyone!

Before I saw your guy's answers I went to one of my friend's houses and got my computer reset with a different product key.

Thank You For Your Efforts Anyways!

0 Likes