cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rebolichero
Journeyman III

Amd HD Audio not available

About a week or two ago I noticed the Amd Audio output is missing from my playback devices. I use it occasionally to get sound from the built-in speakers of my monitor wich is connected to the GPU via displayport. Upgrading and/or downgrading drivers after deleting them with DDU did not help. When I try to custom install the drivers I cannot select the audio drivers anymore like it used to be. Searching through this forum I found other users experiencing the same troubles with driver packages from years ago up until fairly recent ones but none of the responses seem to have a clear solution to the problem. Does anyone have an idea what to do? 

------------------

Radeon Software Version - 19.3.3
Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1040 MHz
Windows Version - Windows 7 (Service Pack 1) (64 bit)
System Memory - 16 GB
CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Radeon Settings Version - 2019.0318.1834.33426
View Release Notes - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-3-3
Driver Packaging Version - 18.50.27.09-190318a-340462E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2019
Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1634
Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01377
OpenGL® Version - 25.20.15000.13547
OpenCL™ Version - 10.0.2766.5
AMD Audio Driver Version - Not Available
Vulkan™ Driver Version - 2.0.78
Vulkan™ API Version - 1.1.101

0 Likes
2 Replies
jdrobinson314
Challenger

Have you tried 19.5.2? And latest Windows updates as well?

0 Likes
tangdalun
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem and I have tried DDU, the AMD cleaning utility, recovering a previous version of windows, reinstalling every version of driver available, manually forcing drivers which then will not start...nothing brings back my HDMI or DisplayPort Audio output.  My discrete graphics card is now only good for video as NONE of the outputs provides any audio.

My only remaining idea is to throw away all AMD products and try Intel and Nvidia to see if that works.  I am a lifelong computer professional and nothing fixes the problem which leaves me to believe it is the result of a BIOS (UEFI) update from MSI.  I cannot test this because MSI claims they would not be providing me with the best computing experience if they allowed me to flash a previous version of the BIOS.

I was cheering for AMD and actually own stock, but this shows they still are not ready for prime time.

0 Likes