Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rust
Adept II
Adept II

Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

1. Problem still egsist, nothing helps. ?@?#$@!?$ again ?

2. Where do i find old drivers?

3. Why, why, why problems with my crossfire 7970m's exsist for couplle years now. For years i installed only drivers first and then after restart HDMI driver separately. Now YOU made those drivers combined for some reason lately and i'M BACK to worst technical support i ever experienced, WHY?

0 Kudos
it-wizard
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I`ll switch to nvidia. Im sure they can make one hdmi sound output work

25.8.2017 8.20 ip. "rust" <amd-external@jiveon.com> kirjoitti:

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver in Drivers & Software

0 Kudos
rust
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

They can't even provide old drivers download - i have to look for it on  guru3d downloads. AMD was always a mess and still is a mess. I like it but i can't recommend it. I have amd only on my notebook. On second machine i've bought nvidia 1080 and don't give a about vega ......?

EDIT i deleted "?@!#$?@!" string (literaly) because admin considered it disturbing/offensive. So MR GO.. MOD  could you please post my mesage?

0 Kudos
daniel_1
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I answer myself because i further investigated.

After a complete switch to Windows 10 Pro 64bit (just bought it last night), and with the new beta driver 17.8.2 (24aug), the problem is history for me.

On a side note, i had problems with no mans sky textures, the game weren't able to load proper textures (also alot file editing and restarting the game etc to try to track the problem and solve it). This is a complete other problem, but this problem is also gone.

So i guess, Windows 7 is getting just too old and the developers of either gpu drivers or games.... just don't give 100 % anymore to keep Win7 uptodate, quality wise. They (AMD or HG) should just note that windows 7 is just not anymore stable or whatever if they don't assure 100 % compatibility, thus saving us time to try & error. Anyway, awkward that those two problems are related to the AMD GPU.

Hopefully, things get better in the future.

0 Kudos
fabe12
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm really asking myself if this is AMDs seriousness..

This issue is clearly reproducible. Your are forcing us to either use an old driver which means no support or less performance for the actual games or no sound via HDMI. Please provide timelines and keep us updated about the issue. We are in complete darkness for a half year.

Windows 10 Creators

R9 280x

working driver 17.2.1...

Maybe someone can explain us the workaround mentioned above again..

cardesh
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Same problem here, my thread is here AMD High Definition Audio Device missing with new drivers

0 Kudos
hipoalergeniko
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I can attest problem persists with driver 17.9.1. HDMI port is absent.

2017-09-15 14_24_51-Clipboard.png

vanderbert
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

thank you a lot - this fixed it for me. instead of the drivers from microsoft for the "pci express root complex" i updated intel's "chipset device Software" with their automatic driver detector tool. I also did the update for amd's "pci bus" Driver like you wrote.

Now i see a "high definition audio bus" in my system devices and have got "AMD high Definition audio device" together with "Realtek High Definition Audio device" in my "Sound, video and game controllers" under the device Manager.

Working at 18th of September with R9 390 with win 10 64bit and Radeon 17.9.1.

Really annoying that this worked with old amd Drivers on its own and now without tweaking you had to choose between hdmi sound or latest graphic updates.

0 Kudos
cardesh
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

can you post the links for the drivers? and how you exactly did it

0 Kudos
hipoalergeniko
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have found a way to bring back the AMD HDA device, but it only lasts until the next reboot:

1. Change the driver for the pci express port used by the video card to a version made by intel, the AMD HDA device appears again then disappears after rebooting.

2. Change back driver to version made by microsoft. HDA device re-appears the disapears after rebooting.

3. Do step 1 again.

2017-09-19 10_26_26-Device Manager.png

2017-09-19 10_27_03-Update Driver Software - PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge.png

2017-09-19 10_27_47-Device Manager.png