Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

basti107
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

Thanks for your report. How is it with 17.5.2?

I would like to know if AMD/ Microsoft are aware of this problem.

will try the workaround "disable videocard" lol thx

0 Kudos
gunner1
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

No change still the same issue with 17.5.2 Whatever Amd changed to comply with the creators update broke something in their drivers.

maniacmonkey
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Having similar issue with the missing HDMI, I think the problem is connected to Windows 10 update "2017-05 Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3150513)", that's when my HDMI disappeared. I have tried updating to 17.5.2-May17 version and 17.4.4-May3 version and then rolled back to 17.1.1-Jan16, which I was using before the problem. Did clean install before every install with the tool and still no sound. My Windows 10 hasn't updated to Creators yet. GPU is ASUS 7870 and it is connected to Yamaha RX-V465 with HDMI-cable.

Specs:

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz

RAM

8,00GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)

Motherboard

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 (MS-7917) (SOCKET 0)

Graphics

Acer P223W (1680x1050@60Hz)

SONY TV (1920x1080@60Hz)

2048MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc) 39 °C -> connected to Yamaha RX-V465 with HDMI-cable

Current Driver Version

Non-WHQL-Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.1.1-Jan16

EDIT:

Fixed the problem by installing HDMI drivers from older driver pack (16.8.2-Aug11).

amduserabuser
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Been having this issue on many cards too. I started with sapphire 270x dual-x and had to use old drivers to keep HDMI, I upgraded to rx480 and still had to use the old drivers. That card crashed in game a lot so I returned it and got an RX 580. This card doesn't have the option to use the older drivers and HDMI still doesn't work as of 17.5.2. the only way I can get HDMI audio to work is by uninstalling and reinstalling the Display driver NOT the HDMI driver, but the display driver everytime I reboot my PC and then not reboot my PC. I've tried safemode DDU and removing and reinstalling .net and just about every old trick there is. This is on the MSI Gaming + 8gb rx580 btw. The stock driver on the CD did not work. Usually that's a failsafe you can always revert back to. Also, this RX580 shares a weird issue with the RX480. When the basic VGA drivers are installed the screen goes black at windows start up. Safemode or not. everytime the resolution changes it's like the card forgets to bring itself back up. I have to either unplug/replug the HDMI or Displayport OR turn my monitor off and then on again for it to bring up an image. So there is a major issue with these cards and the general VGA standards that AMD hasn't caught microsoft up on. This is all on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit. I've heard people with Win 10 with the same HDMI issues. Something is very wrong with these AMD cards and drivers. I'm giving it a month before I give up and switch teams. It's been 6 months of updates and this issue has not been fixed. I've contacted AMD several times.

0 Kudos
samuraininja
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I got the sound working using these steps.

1. I disabled internet connection.
  2. I uninstalled AMD drivers using DDU in safe mode.
  3. Rebooted the PC and before installing the newest RADEON drivers I manually installed my ASUS MX279 monitor driver (had to use Win7 version, since win10 version is not signed), since DDU removes the monitor drivers as well.
  4. I express installed the newest AMD RADEON drivers
  5. Rebooted an VOILA, everything works normally.
basti107
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Does not work for me - damn, i do not know what to do.

AMD, pls fix it.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

We are working on this and while we were initially able to reproduce it, we are no longer seeing the issue with the latest Crimson 17.5.2 driver.

For those of you that are still experiencing this issue with the Crimson 17.5.2 driver, please can you please provide the following information?

GPU Model: Eg Sapphire Toxic R9 290X

Make and Model of the display:  Eg Samsung U32E850R 3840x2160 @60HZ FreeSync

Type of connection to the GPU: Eg Displayport - Displayport connection

Cable Model Number: 238690G

Display Adapters: Eg, DP - HDMI Active Adapter

Amplifier: If yes, which model number?

Screenshot of Device Manager with Audio Devices Expanded:

Regression: What was the last Crimson driver that worked with AMD HD Audio? Eg Crimson 17.2.1.

When does the issue occur? Eg After restarting the PC

ray_m

amduserabuser
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

GPU Model: MSI Gaming RX 580 8Gb

Make and Model of the display: Vizio 37 inch

Type of connection to the GPU: Displayport to HDMI and HDMI to HDMI

Cable Model Number: ?

Display Adapters: none

Amplifier: no

Screenshot of Device Manager with Audio Devices Expanded: I sent one in, but on trying new drivers the Catalyst software uninstalled my AMD Chipset usb drivers and i am locked out of my computer until i can back up my data and reinstall.

Regression: What was the last Crimson driver that worked with AMD HD Audio? None

When does the issue occur? After restarting the PC

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post. Are you using a Displayport to HDMI adapter?

0 Kudos
basti107
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Asus R9 Nano White Edition connected with HDMI Port to Eizo Foris FS2333.

Onboard graphics disabled in BIOS.

Onboard sound disabled in BIOS.

Catalyst 17.5.2

When freshly installed it works- after restart error code 45 in devicemgr

0 Kudos