Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gizmo625
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

With 17.2.1 everything worked well. I use realtec driver for inbuilt soundcard and HDMI audio for TV. After installing 17.4.3, problems began. HDMI audio showed up in device-manager and soundtab, but after reboot they vanished. Tried several clean installs using AMD cleanup-utility, but nothing helped. After deinstall via DDU (in recommended way!!!) and installing 17.5.1 it seemed to work, but on reboot i got a black monitor and it took me hours to get windows 10 working again. So, I definitely

will not use DDU again. Restored windows from backup, , used AMD driver cleaner, installed 17.51 and got error message 1603.  Display driver is installed, but no HDMI driver at all.

Dear AMD, my former Card was a R9 280X, my new one (3 days) a Radeon RX 580 Nitro+ 8gb. Meanwhile I deeply regret the purchase of that card. It is not my job to spend hours and hours trying to get this to work but YOURS!!!

If there will be no fix within the next few days, I will send my card back to amazon and switch to nvidia.

djsteve
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I make other considerations, I have tried just as absolute proof of reinstalling windows 10 with creator 2, so with the latest updates. I confirm that after 1 driver 17.2.1 the hdmi driver stops working, rather, it is better to say disappear, so not in gray but missing. I also tried the last 17.5. But I must say it has worsened with black screen !!! So if he wants to settle well, otherwise I will change from next week and go on a geforce ... I think a house that produces video cards does not have to be that way, so let the customers experiment with it!

samuraininja
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi all. This is frustrating me so much I had to register and explain how I see the issue.

I have an  on a desktop computer and using Windows 10 64bit (Anniversary update) OS.

ASUS AMD R9 270 graphics card

ASUS MX279 monitor running @60Hz 1920x1080 via HDMI adapter (DVI to HDMI cable)

Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 Motherboard

AMD FX 8320 CPU

8GB RAM

My issue:

I am not using Creators update but Anniversary update. Also I use an ASUS MX279h monitor with integrated speakers connected through HDMI. After installing the driver everything works fine (any newer driver), the AMD Audio Driver is displayed and the sound is working. After reboot, it is not recognized anymore and the system reverts to Realtek drivers which do not work properly after installation. Only the 17.2.1 driver is working properly, all other driver updates seem to... not remove, but render the device unrecognized as if though it was not "plugged in". In Device manager, when you set the "Show hidden devices" in the "view" tab, you can clearly see everything installed, but it's greyed out, saying the device is currently not "plugged in" (code 45). Something in the newer drivers is causing the device not to be recognized. Please figure out what that is AMD.

I also tried clean installing the newer driver and then installing the older 17.2.1 driver an everything works fine, so I'm suspecting that the problem is not in the AMD HDMI AUDIO driver but in the Display driver.

Please compare identifiers from the latest driver and the 17. 2. 1. drivers.

P.S. Sorry to the moderator for all the post edits

djsteve
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Instead, the audio driver disappears from the list! So my problem is that up to 17.2.1 drivers works everything, then the following have this audio problem! I have the ASUS VG 248 monitor and it's okay with its speakers obviously the AMD is wrong about something that maybe did not understand or it does not want to fix it, possible that all drives that came out, including 17.5 cause the problem !!! Dear AMD, see solving or I'm thinking of going to you (always bought radeon graphics cards) and switching to nvidia's competition.  

djsteve
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Definitely it is something that has been modified in drivers after 17.2.1 ... as I said in post back I did a clean installation of Microsoft Windows 10 Home Redstone 2 v1703 build 15063.138, the one I'm using now. As soon as I put the drivers for example 17.4.4 the monitor audio stops running and disappears from device management but nn stays in gray, missing the description! I do not do it anymore, having done what I think is the best one, that is, with the operating system just installed!

PS: I also left the modem off during installation, so I was sure windows did not put the video card drivers.

morfeuz
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

The proposed solution does not work. Uninstalled using DDU in safe mode, then restarted and installed new driver, no go. Had to revert to OLD DRIVERS.

Maybe you guys could focus a bit more TESTING the drivers instead of making it pretty using Qt. This is NOT THE FIRST ISSUE with your HDMI AUDIO DRIVER. It has always been finicky to install. I know Windows does not help but come on AMD, FIX IT, please.

My Specs:

Updated Windows 7 x64;

Sapphire 270x 4GB;

GA-870A-UD3 / Phenom 960T / 16GB;

gunner1
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have this issue an 7 computers here at my house. 5 Computers also have Realtek sound enabled, 2 do not use anything else for sound except Amd high definition audio via HDMI to surround sound receiver. All computers run Creators edition 64 bit windows 10. Clean install windows, DDU, does not work. All drivers after March give me this issue.  Every single computer has this issue. 5 R7 360's 2 RX480's. The only way I get the audio device to show up is to disable video card in device manager and re enable it Then my Amd high def device shows up..

3 computers Asus M5A97 r2.0 16gig ram R7 360 Amd fx 6300 All have a 120gig ssd c: drive and 240gig ssd d:drive Realtek audio enabled

1 computer Gigabyte GA-970-D3P r2 32gig ram R7 360 Amd fx 6300 120gig ssd c: drive and 240gig ssd d:drive HDMI only onboard audio disabled

2 computers Asus M5A99FX Pro r2 32 gig ram 1 R7 360 and 1 RX480 1 Amd fx 6300 1 Amd fx8350 120gig ssd c: drive and 1 terabyte ssd d:drive One has Realtek audio enabled one HDMI only

1 computer MSI 990FXA-GD80 r2 32 gig ram  Amd fx8350 RX480 2 240gig ssd Realtek audio enabled

ebojager
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Do we have to download DDU in order to reinstall AMD drivers? I'm not a fan of downloading 3rd party tools. Does AMD have its own uninstaller or does the new clean install option do the same thing?

0 Kudos
djsteve
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update on my amd high definition device status disappeared after the driver version 17.2 ... I resolved reinstalling windows 10, but this time I turned off the modem, as windows just comes to the screen start downloading the video drivers. When it finished installing, I installed version 17.4.3 and then right now I installed version 17.5.2 and this time the amd sound was in its place !! Then I turned on the modem and it seems that everything has been fixed ...

Inviato da Posta<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> per Windows 10

Da: morfeuz@gmail.com<mailto:amd-external@jiveon.com>

Inviato: mercoledì 17 maggio 2017 22:57

A: steve fefo<mailto:djsteve57@hotmail.com>

Oggetto: Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver | AMD Developer Forums

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

in Drivers & Software

The proposed solution does not work. Uninstalled using DDU in safe mode, then restarted and installed new driver, no go. Had to revert to OLD DRIVERS.

Maybe you guys could focus a bit more TESTING the drivers instead of making it pretty using Qt. This is NOT THE FIRST ISSUE with your HDMI AUDIO DRIVER. It has always been finicky to install. I know Windows does not help but come on AMD, FIX IT, please.

My Specs:

Updated Windows 7 x64;

Sapphire 270x 4GB;

GA-870A-UD3 / Phenom 960T / 16GB;

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community<https://community.amd.com/message/2799021#comment-2799021>

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

1. Go to the message on Community<https://community.amd.com/message/2799021#comment-2799021> (you’ll need to log in).

2. Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

3. Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe<https://community.amd.com/unsubscribe.jspa?email=djsteve57%40hotmail.com&token=01438c5967bef6dfe6f2b3946d9036c847e5b0dffbe54ba7f42bf33d4f783d87> instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences<https://community.amd.com/user-preferences!input.jspa>

0 Kudos
djsteve
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Update on my amd high definition device status disappeared after the driver version 17.2 ... I resolved reinstalling windows 10, but this time I turned off the modem, as windows just comes to the screen start downloading the video drivers. When it finished installing, I installed version 17.4.3 and then right now I installed version 17.5.2 and this time the amd sound was in its place !! Then I turned on the modem and it seems that everything has been fixed ...    http://prntscr.com/f9utgf

0 Kudos