Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

No- hdmi to hdmi

0 Likes
amduserabuser
Adept II

Jump to solution

I have a bunch of HDMI cables and I was using those exclusively, but to make sure it was doing the same thing on displayport I got a displayport to HDMI cable from Fry's. So this is doing the exact same thing on both types of outputs from the video card. My previous card, R9 270x, was HDMI 2.0 as well and did not give me this issue to this extent. Sometimes it would fail on optional drivers, but the old drivers were always solid with that one. Nor did it fail to refresh the display on resolution changes with microsoft basic vga drivers. Which that isn't an AMD driver issue, it's a manufacturer issue I believe.

0 Likes
gunner1
Adept I

Jump to solution

GPU Model: 5 XFX R7 360 2 XFX RX 480

Make and Model of the display: 2 Toshiba 4RV525 40" TV's 1 Panasonic TH-58PZ700U plasma, 1 Samsung HL6189s DLP, 1 Samsung LN40A650A1f, 1 3M projector Scp740 2 BenQ GW2450 (DVI only)

Type of connection to the GPU: Eg Displayport - All HDMI connected

Cable Model Number: 238690G

Display Adapters: Eg, No Adaptors

Amplifier: If yes, which model number? Yes TX-NR808 (Projector connected) TX-SR804 (DLP connected) DTR 20.4 (Toshiba's connected) RX-V475 (Plasma connected)

Screenshot of Device Manager with Audio Devices Expanded: Reverted back to older drivers as I am tired of disabling and re enabling display adapter every single time I reboot.

Regression: What was the last Crimson driver that worked with AMD HD Audio? 17.3.3

When does the issue occur? Every single restart.

0 Likes
beerockxs
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

GPU Model: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+

Make and Model of the display:  LG 32LH3000

Type of connection to the GPU: HDMI - HDMI

Cable Model Number: no idea

Display Adapters: no adpaters

Amplifier: no

Screenshot of Device Manager with Audio Devices Expanded:

Regression: What was the last Crimson driver that worked with AMD HD Audio? I don't remember

When does the issue occur? always

pastedImage_0.png

Showing hidden devices, I can see this device:pastedImage_1.png

amduserabuser
Adept II

Jump to solution

I installed Windows 10 on my spare HDD and it all works fine now. It's def a windows 7 driver problem for me. We'll see once I finish backing up my maim drive and throw Win 7 on there again.

0 Likes
gunner1
Adept I

Jump to solution

I figured it out on my systems. I install the Amd driver for Pci express root complex. If I use Microsoft's driver HDMI audio works perfect.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

basti107
Adept I

Jump to solution

Worked for me, too! Thanks.

Btw, in german it is called: "Stammkomplex für PCI-Express".

0 Likes
starfire
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I can also confirm that this solution works - after removing this AMD driver and picking the one supplied by Microsoft audio over HDMI is working again for me.

I'm curious why I even have an AMD driver there since I'm using an Intel Z87 chipset - I would expect to only see drivers from Intel or Microsoft at this point in the device manager.

0 Likes
brianjstarr
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.  Whenever I reboot, my HDMI device disappears.  The only way to fix it is to reinstall the AMD graphics driver again without rebooting.  I've tried clean re-install and it didn't help.

Please provide a link to download just the HDMI driver, so I can reinstall it as needed without installing the entire graphics driver again.

I have Windows 10, R290 270x.

I've always had a Radeon, but this is so incredibly irritating, that it may finally push me to switch to a 1060.

0 Likes
babrook
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I also want to add that this works for me, and for the tech illiterate like myself - by uninstalling the AMD driver and rebooting, the Microsoft one will automatically install after you boot into windows.