Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nickkuznetsoff
Adept I

AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

I have ASUS R7 265 card and use sound integrated in ASUS VG27AH screen. With latest driver AMD HD Audio Device disappear from sound devices, so there is no sound and only way is to delete graphic driver. After driver updating system do not see screen as Asus, but see it like Generic Monitor. Is there any way to keep last driver and to turn on AMD HD Audio Device? Driver for monitor do not change anything.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD HD Audio Device disappear with new driver

Jump to solution

Please download DDU and use that to remove your current driver. I would then try updating to our new driver, Crimson 17.4.3 and then check Windows Sound Properties under the Control Panel to check your HDMI Audio Device is displayed and working.

View solution in original post

112 Replies
talbot888
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. All AMD audio devices disappear if i install newer than 17.2.1 drivers.

I have Asus R9 290x graphics card which is connected with HDMI to Yamaha av receiver.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution
0 Likes
nickkuznetsoff
Adept I

Jump to solution

Desktop on Windows 10 x64, radeon-crimson-relive-17.4.2-minimalsetup-170411_64bit:

Asus R7265 and  AMD FX8320 on Asus M5A97, 8GB RAM

Display Asus VG27AH connected to video via HDMI cable, 1920x1080 RR60

Power Supply Chieftec NITRO 85+ Series 650W

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Please download DDU and use that to remove your current driver. I would then try updating to our new driver, Crimson 17.4.3 and then check Windows Sound Properties under the Control Panel to check your HDMI Audio Device is displayed and working.

View solution in original post

samfisher88
Adept I

Jump to solution

until 17.2.1 with 390x (strix) no problems... all the newer... no audio! GG AMD

amzaleg
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Update from 17.3.2 to 17.4.3 the same problem i have Gigabyte g1 gaming r9 390

had to role back the driver back to 17.3.2

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

You could try doing a Custom install and unchecking the HDMI driver of 17.4.3 and using the HDMI driver of 17.3.2.

0 Likes
biffer84
Adept I

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. The AMD High Definition Audio Device is greyed out in the device manager with the following error message: "Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)" If I revert back to version 17.2.1 the device reappears and starts working again.

My Setup: Sapphire Radeon R9 380X on Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3, Windows 10 64bit Version 1703, Samsung UE40KU6479 1920x1080 @60Hz via HDMI, LG E2360V 1920x1080 @60Hz via DP to HDMI adapter.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thanks for the post. Can you try with just the HDMI display connected and running a clean install of 17.4.3 and then check to see if sound is working?

Is everyone affected by this issue using the Windows 10 Creators update?