cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lgmperes
Newcomer

AMD HD 7730 + DELL INSPIRON 15R SE + WINDOWS 10

Hello, I have two DELL machines with AMD Radeon HD 7xxx.

- Inspiron 15r SE

- Inspiron 14z.

About a month ago, after a Windows 10 update, both started to freeze right after the Windows 10 login screen, completely locking the system and forcing me to disable it by secure boot.

After countless different formats and attempts, I realized that in Windows 8.1 this also happens, even with old drivers.
I find it strange that the two of them gave the same problem right after an S.O update.
Is there any solution?

(Sorry my english)
Thank you.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Make sure your DELL laptop has the latest BIOS and CHIPSET installed from here: Support for Inspiron 15R SE 7520 | Drivers & Downloads | Dell US 

Then download both the Intel and AMD Graphics drivers from DELL Support:

Use Intel's own Driver updater program to update all of your Intel Drivers on your laptop to the latest version called INTEL DRIVER & SUPPORT ASSISTANT.

Then try to update using DELL's AMD Driver.

Use DELL's laptop drivers first to make sure your laptop starts working correctly.

First AMD Drivers work correctly when your Laptop's Intel Graphics and Intel Drivers are the latest.

Second Windows must be fully updated via Windows Update

Third use this basic method to install the AMD Driver in your laptop:

Uninstall the current AMD Driver using DDU as per this method:

It could be due to a corrupted AMD Driver installation.

Download free program DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Run it in Safe mode with the internet disconnected.

You can also run it in Windows Desktop but then you would need to Reboot the computer for DDU to finish erasing all of  the AMD Driver traces from your computer.

Once it finishes uninstalling the current AMD Driver in Safe mode and boots back to Windows Desktop, still with the Internet disconnected, delete the AMD Installation folder C:\AMD if it was created before.

Now install the full AMD Drive package you downloaded manually from AMD Download page. Not the express package. Run the package and if it installs correctly again delete C:\AMD folder and reconnect the internet.

This should prevent any conflict when installing the new version from the previous version.

By the way, C:\AMD is always created whenever you run the AMD Driver package

noobgamer0111
Adept II

Same issue with my Dell Inspiron 15R 7520 SE.

My dGPU refuses to get past the 44% mark even when using AMD drivers or Guru-3D drivers.

0 Likes