cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jack19hk
Journeyman III

AMD HD 7600M is black screen when updating to Win 10 1803??

Hi,

My Notebook is HP ENVY 4 which has INTEL and AMD 7600M switchable graphics card.

After updating Win 10 1803, it can't login the windows and occur the black screen.

I need to remove all graphics card in safe mode, then i can login windows.

also, i try to install the latest graphics driver 18.5.1, it will auto download 15.7.1 to install.

Thus, it will happen the black screen again.

anyone can help me! Many thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Laptop graphics update...How to

2. The Intel graphics drivers should be the latest offered by Intel Support.

Use their 'Driver Download Tool' to get the latest version. These must be installed before the AMD drivers.

0 Likes

After installing the new intel driver and amd driver, the black screen issue is still happened.

When the AMD software is running, the black screen is happened and no response of windows.

Anyone can help me. thanks.  

0 Likes

I've got the same issue and I've found the only way to manage it so far is to uninstall all AMD drivers with DDU software and disable windows auto update. At least now I can work on my laptop without black/blue screens but can use any graphics apps. As I can see nobody is going to help here.

0 Likes
apauliuc
Journeyman III

Exactly the same problem here, check https://community.amd.com/message/2904419

I'm on HP Probook 450  with Raden HD 8750M. After updating to 1803, everything was crashing due to the graphics card. My bigger problem is, I reinstalled back Windows 1703 (where everything was working), but now I cannot install any driver. All other drivers are updated, only the AMD one crashes on installation.

Windows automatically installs driver 15.201.1301.0, from 2015. Have no clue how to solve it; even AMD support cannot help, they offer solutions which do not work.

0 Likes