cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mmzaini
Journeyman III

AMD HD 7400M Series Latest Drivers

can someone please link me to the latest amd hd 7400m drivers? i honestly need them a lot for my old laptop I'm trying to fix, I've tried the amd catalyst install, I'll use ddu then install catalyst and it would have a black screen during the install and sometimes it would make a loud buzzing sound. i would leave it on for minutes but then i turn it off, giving up and when i load windows back up i have to go safe mode and uninstall the graphics for the amd just so that it will let me boot into windows

My system is a 64bit windows 10 hp laptop.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

if your laptop has a AMD APU processor you must download the AMD APU Driver which will install both the Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your laptop.

If your laptop has an Intel APU processor then you first must update all the Intel Drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSET and BIOS versions installed.

The AMD driver works correctly when the Intel Drivers and Windows is fully updated to the latest versions.

Then download the driver from AMD Download page from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7490m

You didn't mention the exact 74xxM gpu installed but all of the models use the same legacy AMD Drivers from 2015 & 2016.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

if your laptop has a AMD APU processor you must download the AMD APU Driver which will install both the Integrated and Discrete GPUs in your laptop.

If your laptop has an Intel APU processor then you first must update all the Intel Drivers especially the Intel Graphics and CHIPSET and BIOS versions installed.

The AMD driver works correctly when the Intel Drivers and Windows is fully updated to the latest versions.

Then download the driver from AMD Download page from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-7000m-series/amd-radeon-hd-7490m

You didn't mention the exact 74xxM gpu installed but all of the models use the same legacy AMD Drivers from 2015 & 2016.

I also have a hp laptop and amd radeon hd 7400m graphics and intel hd 3000, but most of the time I turn on the laptop amd graphics can't help me?

0 Likes

okay but without further clarification of your problems I can't help.

0 Likes