Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

d00m_g4m3r
Adept II
Adept II

Re: AMD Haven't Updated Driver Files In Over 6 Months

Jump to solution

How about this driver ? AMD Catalyst 15.15 (Official Radeon 300 Launch Driver) - Page 2 - Guru3D.com Forums 

Catalyst 15.15 now working on my R9 290, and boost my performance like this driver do to R9 390.

prospector
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Beta drivers... they aren't something that I'd like to install on my computer.  I've installed Beta drivers before and they completely screwed up my entire system. 

The reason I want final version drivers is because AMD mentions they are more likely stable and reliable than beta drivers....

Also, I have A LOT of problems with games, reported many, many times and well, I don't know if anything has been done or not... I'm hoping they will be in a "final version" release... please let this month be the month they release a final version of the drivers... I feel like I really need them.

0 Kudos
black_zion
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

that Nitro card with 3 fans on it looks favorable to not be noisy

never even heard of them till now, go figure, and I am on Sapphire's forum

guess this is a new model?

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Yes it's a new model, has the same Heatsink/Shroud as the Tri-X but it's Black/Grey opposed the the Tri-X being Black/Orange.

Looks to use the same fans as the 290x Tri-X so i'd expect the noise level to be similar.

0 Kudos
hardcoregames_
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Looks ok, but I will accept any card with 2 fans on it, like my GTX 660 Ti has, cards now are finally beating dual fans more widely which I find very desireable

dual fans run cooler, less likely for the card to croak, i played with a GTX 260 for years and it ran warm due to the single fan cooler, the TIM on the EVGA card was the reason it overheated, it could not take the heat

My HD 6970 has an aftermarket solution, it 3 fans and it is good at it's job. The problem is that cooler costs $90 plus shipping and the time to install it etc.

So when I see a 3 fan cooler on the high end card, I am pleased because the OEM can reduce the cost a lot better than I can

0 Kudos
sgtbilko
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

It depends on the GPU for starters, Sapphire already had a Tri-X style cooler for the Vapor-X 280x v2 so it was probably cheaper for them to modify that cooler to work on Hawaii/Grenada than it was to have a Dual fan cooler on it.

Either that or they weren't comfortable slapping the Dual-X cooler (featured on the HD79xx and R9 280 series) on the newer GPU's.

I had a HD 6970 as well and i assume you are talking about the Accelero Xtreme cooler for it? I had one for my reference 290x but it was too heavy imo.

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

I most certainly do. Assuming you used the same email address in your issue submission, I cannot find a single submission from you all the way from the Catalyst Omega driver.

A couple of other points:

Users should NOT expect to be contacted back when they fill out an Issue Reporting Forum submission. In fact, the form clearly states this :

pastedImage_0.png

Secondly, and as I explained earlier, issues to be investigated are prioritized according to the severity of the issue and the number of users it affects.

terrace
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I used my email thats the same at the beggining but "@gmail.com" I was aware of the bit that says might not get a reply but as it wasn't a enquiry from (for example) someone clogging up the system who needed help installing a driver and what double click means and was instead from someone with a legitimate issue I was expecting perhaps some level of interaction or follow up to check details that needed more explaination or to get more information.

I guess it wouldn't affect the most users, but it does effect some of the highest paying customers if that means anything. Although saying that there was really alot of us in the old thread about the problem on the old forum but I don't think we ever had anyone from AMD post anything in the thread, just lots of us users going around in circles. I was able to prove that there wasn't anything wrong with our hardware including cabling or with any particular programs as it was pretty broad in what would have the problem.

ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

We do not, as a policy, contact users who submit a feedback form, but only do so if we see an issue with sufficient volume, and need more information from affected user(s)

Please direct message me your email address and the driver version you reported issues against, I'd like to take a look at what you reported.

Thanks