cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

moline
Journeyman III

AMD Graphics Driver for Windows 7 on Acer Aspire A315-21

I have an Acer Aspire A315-21-63F1. It came with Windows 10 on a 1TB HDD with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics. I decided to swap the HDD for a 500GB one and see if I could get Windows 7 working. I got it to install, but I can't get a graphics driver for my laptop. I tried the ones on Acer's website for this and those did not work. I tried various ones from the AMD site and nothing. Most of them resulted in Error 182. Does anyone have any solutions for this? All the other drivers from the Acer website for this model work, except for the AMD driver. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if you guys need any more info, I'll provide it.

P.S. I do still have access to Windows 10 as that is untouched and is accessible through a manner of me removing the current hard drive and putting that one back in and re-enabling secure boot.

1 Reply

Acer Aspire 3 A315-21-63F1 - 15.6" - A6 9220e - 8 GB RAM - 1 TB HDD - US International Specs - CNET 

You have a APU A6 9220...that's what matters

Where and how to select driver for your laptop:

https://www.amd.com/en/support 

This is the only driver you install: Laptop graphics update...How to 

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...

Download and save the correct driver to your desktop:

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

Visibility: Drivers & Software1022622 Views