cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zach_velasco
Journeyman III

AMD Graphics Card drivers kills my computer.

On December 26th I bought a new game on steam. I was trying to play it when all of a sudden my screen goes grey. I assumed my graphics card didn't have proper cooling and melted the circuits. This wasn't the case though. The screen would turn on but only to be prompted to a blue screen saying Windows didnt start correctly or something. So for the past month and a half I have been trying to see how I can get my computer back to the desktop without safemode on. I eventually got to a point where I uninstalled the AMD Driver and rolled it back to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. This allows my screen to only be 1920x1080 on my 2560x1080 screen. I also tried to play The Long Dark to be disappointed that it only runs at 3 FPS when it used to run at 60 FPS. I have tried to download multiple different versions of the driver that is supposed to work for my Graphics card only to be brought back to a blue screen where windows isnt working. I have even tried installing a driver that was released over a year ago and still no luck. I'm not sure if its the drivers or if Windows has released something that is causing my drivers to fail. If anyone could help that would be awesome! Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies

0 Likes
kiwinadians
Adept II

Just curious what gpu you are running? Is it one of the southern isles cards by any chance (hd 7870-90, r9 270 -370x)? Maybe a mobile variant of it?

It sounds like you are having the same issue a large number of us are having. Come check out this thread Black Screen When Installing 17.12.2 Drivers HD 7870 Win 7

0 Likes