Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

iamkangy
Journeyman III

AMD Graphic Driver Update Via HP Support Assistant Doesn't Work

My current display driver version is: 13.351.1105.1001

When I attempt to upgrade this through the HP Support Assistant on Windows 10, upon restart all I get is the constant spinning dot wheel and nothing happens. The longest I have waited is several hours.

I have had to go back to a system restore point to be able to use my laptop again.

My laptop details:

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Serial: 5CD447721Z

Product #: J2C34PA#ABG

8GB RAM

I believe I need to upgrade my graphics so my games that run perfectly on Windows 7 will run on Windows 10. I can not play for example: Need for Speed Most Wanted due to major lagging. But if I go back to Windows 7 it runs perfectly.

Any help would be extremely grateful. Thank you.

0 Likes
14 Replies

Windows 10 Help Forums 

You need to post exact specifications/information.

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC...need exact model

You don't mention your graphics or which processor you have.

https://community.amd.com/thread/196209 

Actually upon entering serial number on the HP Drivers website I am given this information if that helps.

On the laptop it says it is an AMD A8
In the drivers it has 2 and they state:

AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M260
AMD Radeon (TM) R5 Graphics

HP Pavilion 15-p016ax Notebook PC

0 Likes

Laptop graphics update...How to 

You have a A8 AMD/APU....which one. Look at the sticker again.

Make sure the bios and chipset drivers are the latest version from HP.

HP Pavilion 15-p016ax Notebook PC - Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

I have the latest chipset, but not the latest BIOS. Why would the BIOS effect the graphic update anyway?

0 Likes

Latest bios is always necessary. You won't find the correct AMD driver until you find which AMD APU you have.

0 Likes

I use Driver Magician to check for updates to my drivers.

0 Likes

Third party appps are not the best...use what HP gives you...and update the bios.

You must not have read the link I gave you > Laptop graphics update...How to 

Let me read it to you:

""Laptops have different requirements/procedures than desktop computers when updating graphics drivers. It all depends on the processors....either Intel or AMD. ""

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install. It is important to know the integrated graphics on some APU's...

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

Honestly, no I didn't read that correctly. Thank you. I will try and install this now that I have downloaded it. Thank you so much. I hope this works.

0 Likes

Followed these instructions to the letter and it didn't work. All I get is the loading screen with the spinning wheel of dots still.

0 Likes

AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
(Found this information in my Processors in Device Manager - Is this what you have been trying to get me to find?)

0 Likes
iamkangy
Journeyman III

And how do I find that? I posted the information that comes up in my HP Support Assistant. I don't know how to find any of the other specs you are asking for.

0 Likes

I already got the BIOS and Drivers from that exact page. The BIOS update worked fine. The display driver won't.

0 Likes

I had been looking at your question a few days ago and I correctly guessed the model, but I was unable to find the original product specs for your laptop on the HP site. Way you will might be able to find the original specs for the laptop is if you use HP Partsurfer here: http://partsurfer.hp.com/ or contact HP Support and ask for them or if you had the original link to the specs on the HP Website you can use this: https://archive.org/

0 Likes