Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Sanai95
Journeyman III

AMD grafic driver crashes

Hello folks,

I have difficulties with my driver ever since i inserted the grafic card. Tried different stuff trying to find a solution, but so far the problems keep on going. But I found this forum and saw all the threads where problem got fixed, so i really hope someone can help me.

I have to different kinds of problems, but they are quite similar.

What happens for both problems:
Out of nowhere my main monitor goes to a black screen, other monitors still shows a picture for like a 30-60 seconds or so but if i even see my mouse moving it stutters really heavey (stays still for some seconds, them moves brief and stays still agian). Afterwards they other (monitors) goes black as well. The System itself continues, i can still talk with people on Teamspeak etc.

Only thing i can do now is to restart my pc manual.

After restart i can see if the driver still works and everything just works as normal(further called "case 1") or if i can only use one monitor and can't start the AMD Adrenaline software. In the latter case i need to reinstall my driver (and the software) (further called "case 2").

In the event viewer i can only see this entry:
"Display driver amdwddmg stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

So far this never happened ingame, only when for example in Browser or being connected via RDP to another systems.

Setup:

Windows 10 22H2
asrock z370m pro 4
Intel i5 8400
MSI 6700 xt mech 2x OC
580 W be quiet! PSU

Before ever using the card, i deinstalled the old nvidia via DDU with all nessery restarts.

Steps i did so far trying to fix the problems:

In the case two at the start i got a warning that windows updated my driver:
https://www.amd.com/de/support/kb/faq/pa-300

I disabled the autoupdate of drivers in the system settings, but that seemed to not change anything. Afterwards i additionally disabled it via Group policys and tried some other measures as well. I even diabled windows updates at at, but the problem still happened. At the warning does not come up at the moment, but i still need to reinstall the driver from time to time if it crashes.

Other things i tried:
- Using fewer monitors, chaning the ports oijn which they are connected. Kept crashing with using only two.
- undervolting via Adrenaline software at 95%
- deinstalled some programs in case they would interfere
- Updating UEFI
- Deinstalled old driver and tried Pro Software driver -> I don't know if it would have crashed, deinstalled it due to framerate drops in Eldenring
- Resteated GPU in a other PCI-Slot
- Installed Gaming driver without the Adrenaline software

Im pretty sure im missing some additional steps here but that should be the most important ones atleast.

Also opened tickets at AMD, but never got a answer (also i don't know if the ticket was actually opened because i never got a automail and just display of some code after opening the ticket (looked like HMTL/css).

In case any logs etc. would help im more that willing to provide them, i just would like to get this sorted out.

0 Likes
0 Replies