Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

BharathRaj
Journeyman III

AMD GPU configure to high performance in Linux

Hi,

Processor : Intel Xeon (R) CPU D-1559 @ 1.5GHz x 24

Graphics: AMD Embedded radeon e9171.

I am trying to put my AMD GPU to perform at its peak to get the maximum bechmarking score. I am able to set the MCLK and SCLK to maximum value. But I am not sure why the results are still same .SCLK and MCLK is working in its default value.

What is PSTAE_SCLK and PSTATE_MCLK?  can some one help me here. 

I have added amdgpu.ppfeaturemask=0xfffd7fff line in GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX=  in ,/etc/default/grub file. Booting with this will make a special file called /sys/class/drm/card0/device/pp_od_clk_voltage appear.

echo "profile_peak" > /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_dpm_force_performance_level has set the SCLK and MCLK to the peak value of 1219MHz and 1500MHz respectively. But I am seeing PSTATE_SCLK as 214MHz and PSTATE_MCLK as 625MHz.

Can someone help me understand this PSTAE_SCLK and PSTATE_MCLK. does it have any effect on getting maximum performance?

My ultimate aim is to run the GPU to its maximum performance mode and get the better GPU benchmarking score.

I can also try out other option as well if suggested.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can find the commands/functions you want on GPUopen.com

or you could try with my text file config.ini .. i'd not tested it on linux but it works on android which IS linux

also it works on win11 of course. probably ios too not tested. probably also consoles.. never tested/verified i dont own them.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kwym8m4h4pbuu/Documents

you may wanna try with an AMD CPU and GPU for best results

also try my configuration guide (the computer class zip file)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can find the commands/functions you want on GPUopen.com

or you could try with my text file config.ini .. i'd not tested it on linux but it works on android which IS linux

also it works on win11 of course. probably ios too not tested. probably also consoles.. never tested/verified i dont own them.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/kwym8m4h4pbuu/Documents

you may wanna try with an AMD CPU and GPU for best results

also try my configuration guide (the computer class zip file)

0 Likes