Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

18 Replies
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: AMD Gaming Evolved/Raptr APP FAQ

I've been trying to get Twitch streaming going using AMD Gaming Evolved. I see the tick for it when I install the drivers but the program itself isn't starting up. I've tried reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling the software, I've tried Raptr/Plays.TV and all that but still nothing.

What can I do to completely purge AMD drivers and software from my machine and start over so I can stream to Twitch?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can use DDU to remove the AMD drivers and uninstall Raptr via the Add/Remove Programs in Windows.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

I've already removed every reference to raptr that I found. Including scouring the registry.

What is DDU?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's a driver cleaning tool that provides a very thorough removal of all AMD driver files and registry entries.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 16.1.0.0

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

That's one of the things I tried.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Dear Amd,i really like your graphic cards and 5 months ago i bought radeon r9 380.I can play all games at 60fps.I am really happy with my amd graphics.But i think u should improve plays.tv program.Thats the only think i am not happy with.Keep good work.Thank you!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

Could you please update the Community about Raptr, AMD Gaming Evolved, and the Raptr Rewards program?
I found this article: AMD Drops Support for Gaming Evolved PC Performance App | Digital Trends

I have used Raptr for years now. I did find the Game Detection and Optimization feature useful, especially when I had to use lower end GPU's or was running games from a laptop.

Plays.TV is useful for me and the video capture solution I used before Crimson ReLive was released. It still has some nice easy to use features, and can be used to arrange videos in folders. Plays.TV support still seems good and the Plays.TV Client has just had a user interface upgrade. It would be nice to be able to launch Plays.TV from within Crimson, and be able to upload ReLive Videos to Plays.TV Website. There are some special game specific In Game overlays as well.

If you don't want to discuss the above, can you at least help out with an issue with Raptr Rewards, for "AMD Corporate Brand Protection" reasons if nothing else. It is still the AMD Gaming Evolved App after all.  I think AMD have been doing a great job in the past few years on the GPU side with innovations like the R9 Nano/Fury X, the RX480. Mantle and now Vulkan, Radeon Crimson and now Crimson ReLive Drivers with Wattman have been a massive improvement. Now Ryzen and Vega are on the way. It seems there is is lots of momentum and support amongst AMD users. Many people are really rooting for AMD, many of those people have been users of AMD Gaming Evolved & Raptr Community. Maybe you should think a little more about the AMD Gaming Evolved / Raptr User's Community situation more carefully?

Raptr Rewards Points seems to have caused much dissapointment over the years, with many users having lots of Rewards Points with little to spend them on for a long time now. Everything is in limbo. It feels as it has been left to die. As of today there is only 1 valid item in the rewards program that you can redeem, a character in Smite. There are other items displayed on the Raptr Rewards Program Page within the App and on the Raptr Web Page.

These Items are Characters for ARC Games - Star Trek Online, NeverWinter, Perfect World International. 
It looks like AMD Gaming Evolved Users can still spend their points on these items.
However If you are careful and look at the "Fine Print" in the Terms and Conditions for the Rewards, these items all actually expired at the end of 2016.
Based on comments I have read, many people in the AMD Gaming Evolved / Raptr Community have been asking about the Rewards Program, asking what is happening, and feel totally ignored. There may well be young gamers who have used the Raptr Client, saved up points, and might try to purchase these invalid codes for example.

I did open support ticket with Raptr and still see no response. I opened a ticket with ARC, they responded quickly and said they would try to look into it as soon as possible. Maybe it is time AMD did something about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

I just watched your Youtube video at the top of this page. It has had 90,956 views.
In it, AMD claim 10 Million Users (at 5:25). Advise to use it, and state "earning points for free prizes".
That's potentially a lot of Gamers with lots of Raptr Points then.

0 Kudos