Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

camedmond
Journeyman III

AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7 driver not working after update, can't roll back

Hi there,

Apologies as this seems to be a regular kind of post, but after searching through troubleshooting guides here and over at Dell I'm at a bit of a loss.

After installing updates, my AMD drivers have stopped functioning. I've tried using the AMD clean-up tool to remove all software and reinstall, but whether I go through and manually select the driver, or I use the auto-detect tool, I'm encountering the same problem where the drivers install, but stop working immediately. Disabling and renabling them does not work.

I'm guessing the answer lies in installing a specific previous version of the drivers, but I can't find any info on what those versions should be.

This is what I'm running:

Describe your system:

• Processor
    • AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7
  • Laptop System
    • Dell Inspiron 5576
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit Home
  • Display Adapters
    • AMD Radeon R7 Graphics
    • Radeon RX 560 Graphics
  • Bios version
    • Dell Inc. 1.0.0
  • RAM
    • 16GB

I hope this is all the info I need. 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is how to find the correct driver for your laptop. It is the only driver you install https://community.amd.com/thread/207699 

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

Thanks for your help!  I followed these steps exactly,  and ran into the same problem. I then tried a clean install,  and had the same problem. My device manager still shows that both AMD Radeon R7 Graphics and the Radeon(TM) RX 560 Graphics have installed. Deleting one briefly allowed it all to work, but then when i rebooted the other was reinstalled and the device stopped working. Is this causing the conflict perhaps? I can't seem to install one without the other. 

Edit: Solved! Updating my BIOS via Dell's site fixed things.  Thanks for your help kingfish! 

i have asus laptop x550iu with amd fx9830p chipset and rx460 discrete graphic card and have problem with installing the drivers on it in 2021 , what is the latest compatible driver and windows , anyone have the solution? please help 🥺

im using windows 10 v21h1

0 Likes