cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kodo28
Adept III

Re: AMD fTPM Causes Random Stuttering Issue

Why spending money on TPM module, just go in bios and deactivate TMP there the time AMD releases the fix. 

0 Likes
Dasein
Journeyman III

Here's hoping a fix can come in the latest upcoming BIOS updates :3

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Challenger

That's what I was saying about the module as Asus shows it in the bios menu and Gigabyte is like oh well.  None of the settings changes after I installed the module and cleared out the ftpm settings.  Yes I checked to make sure that it was seated in the socket and you can see the individual pins in each of the contacts in the socket.

Next go around I see myself with a 13900k and rtx 4xxx card on an Asus motherboard.

0 Likes

Okay, today i tried a new bios update:

-------------------------------------------------
MEG X570 UNIFYE (MS-7C35) V10.C3 BIOS Release
-------------------------------------------------

1. This is AMI BIOS release

2. This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version:
- Update to AMD ComboAm4v2PI 1.2.0.6c
- Support AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

3. 2022/03/23

Did not work either, certenroll event 86 error still there, but hey it's not may yet. I really hope they will fix this. Regards

0 Likes
Poehler09
Adept I

Because a "Deactivate" Option has been completely removed "ages" ago from many Mainboard fw versions.

0 Likes
joshieecs
Adept I

Windows 11 Build 22000.651 was released to the Release Preview channel a couple of days ago, with several fixes specifically addressing provisioning TPM and Autopilot. Has anyone had a chance to see if the CertificateServicesClient-CertEnroll Event 86 persists on this build? I am on the Beta channel, so I can't easily check.

Particularly these two items from the release notes.
https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/04/14/releasing-windows-11-build-22000-651-to-the-rel...

• We improved the Autopilot client to process updated Trusted Platform Module (TPM) capabilities that support self-deployment and pre-provisioning scenarios.
  • We fixed an issue that prevents retrieval of the Endorsement Key (EK) certificate from the TPM device.
0 Likes
AW3S0ME
Adept I

Waiting for a fix with this too. 

0 Likes
Janne_76
Adept I

Asus has released new beta bios for TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)|Motherboards|ASUS Global
It has the updated AGESA 1.2.0.7. Just flashed it myself and now im just waiting for a change to get some gaming time. Atleast didnt break my PC. Ive been having issues with Warzone especially, GTA V also had very bad stutter's for me. Especially waiting for the Warzone experience.

hrpuffnstuff
Challenger

Gigabyte just released F36e with AGESA 1.2.0.7 for the X570 Aorus Master which I flashed to this morning and haven't seen anything strange come of it yet.

Skrybe
Elite

I just commented in another thread (where I'd been trying to resolve lockups) about the 4201 Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero bios which features the 1.2.0.7 agesa. It's made a world of a difference. I was having audio stutters (encoding sucked!) and even occasional random hard lockups while gaming (every few days).

I ran LatencyMon to get a handle on what was happening and it showed my original setup was getting huge latency 57,000μs at times. Disabling TPM in the BIOS reduced the latency spikes to around half that and managed to make the setup lockup free. The latest bios though, WOW! It's dropped the latency to 256μs. That's the highest spike I've seen in 7 hours of monitoring a variety of activities including gaming, browsing, and random work (spreadsheets, moving files, etc). The bios reduced latency to 1/200th of what is was when I was having problems.

Pity it took so long to resolve, but the fix definitely appears to work, at least for me.

edit: oh and no audio problems that I've noticed either