cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

inoshakuma
Journeyman III

AMD FreeSync Not Supported On ASUS VG245Q - RX 480

I bought a ASUS VG245Q Monitor with Freesync yesterday and my AMD Driver sais "Freesync not supported"?

-ASUS VG245Q Monitor

-AMD Radeon RX480 Nitro+

-Windows 10 64bit

Sorry for bad english, Timon.

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

According to the manual, the Freesync setting is in the Image submenu, presumably if you select More under Auto Adjust.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

Besides AMDmatt advice, How is your monitor connected to the GPU card?  According to AMD Freesync Monitors it should be connected via HDMI or Displayport.

0 Likes

Connected via DP

0 Likes

Thanks for the information but you still need to post your computer specs: Make & Model of CPU/APU, PSU, & Motherboard plus current version of WIndows and AMD GPU Driver installed.

Otherwise the Moderators might close this thread if you don't post the required Computer information in a timely manner.

0 Likes

GPU: AMD RADEON RX480 NITRO+

PSU: bequiet BQ L8-500W

Motherboard: msi 970A-G43

CPU: FX 6300

RAM: 8GB

Windows 10 64 bit

I tryed different Drivers from AMD Website...

Hope you guys can help me!

0 Likes

This has nothing to do with your Freesync issue but it is something you may want to do in the future to prevent PSU problems.

Your PSU of 500 Watts is the minimum amount of power that your Total Computer system requires to run well. As per this website: PSU REQUIREMENTS - RealHardTechX .  In the future try purchasing a PSU of at least 850 Watts or more to prevent Power issues in the future.

0 Likes
loccothan
Adept III

try to go Via OSD into Monitor Setup.

There you shold have Freesync On/OFF switch

Every monitor have FS disabled by default.

Just search for it in OSD Menu.

I already heard about that, but theres no Freesync in my Options, i think not every monitor is able to deaktivate it..?

(ASUS Settings > System Setup > OSD Setup > "OSD Timeout", "DDC/CI" and "Transparency", no Freesync)

0 Likes

Have you enabled DP1.2 n your monitor OSD settings?

How To Enable AMD FreeSync™

0 Likes

Where do I find that option? Do I have 1.2 Cable, I used the one included in the box?

0 Likes

I would think that the cable that came with the monitor should be fine. I do however see that you have 2 monitors connected. I am wondering if maybe, that is the issue. For the sake of trouble shooting your issue. Try disconnecting 1 monitor at a time then rebooting the machine, then see if it allows you to enable freesync on your freesync monitor.  Are both of your monitors freesync capable, if not, that might be what is going on.  If that is not an issue it can only be that freesync just isn't enabled in the monitor. Have you thoroughly checked all sub menus on the monitor. You typically have to enable freesync. It's not usually on by default.

0 Likes

I have to ask have you installed the Display Driver for your monitor. I find that many people miss this step. They just take the monitor out of the box and plug it in. I suggest that you install the display driver for your monitor available here: https://www.asus.com/Monitors/VG245Q/HelpDesk/   

Then shutdown don't restart the computer. Then once back on make sure FreeSync is enabled in Radeon Settings.

If things are not working still try switching cables. I highly suggest display port. I have heard that some makers only support FreeSync over display port.

Good Luck!

0 Likes

fs.PNG

0 Likes

I dont know what you mean? What do I have to change in my settings?

0 Likes

According to the manual, the Freesync setting is in the Image submenu, presumably if you select More under Auto Adjust.

YOU ARE A GOD OMG TOTALLY LOVE YOU WHY DIDNT I NOTICE THAT?

glad to see that you have found the correct answer to your question.  In order to help others with a similar problem to find this answer quickly, we have locked the discussion to keep it focused on the issue you reported.

0 Likes