Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

FaeIzin
Journeyman III

AMD Folder Unknown Size

IMG_20211204_172730.jpg

I restored my AMD to an older version for stability, and now here this folder is said to consume too much but on the right side it says only 2 megas, what is happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

C:\AMD installation folder is safe to delete.

Every time you run a AMD Driver Package it creates C:\AMD folder. Every time you uninstall and install AMD Driver it adds to that folder.

That is why I always recommend to delete C:\AMD before installing a AMD Driver package. Whether the same one or a different one. This will prevent any future conflicts when you install a newer AMD driver version.

Plus it frees up anywhere from 500MB to several GBs of HDD/SSD space on your Windows Drive.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

C:\AMD installation folder is safe to delete.

Every time you run a AMD Driver Package it creates C:\AMD folder. Every time you uninstall and install AMD Driver it adds to that folder.

That is why I always recommend to delete C:\AMD before installing a AMD Driver package. Whether the same one or a different one. This will prevent any future conflicts when you install a newer AMD driver version.

Plus it frees up anywhere from 500MB to several GBs of HDD/SSD space on your Windows Drive.

Thanks!

0 Likes