cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thag
Adept I

AMD Enhanced Sync error

Hello there, I just want to report that I tried the new option called Enhanced Sync for global settings using Driver 19.4.1... But I'm experiencing BSOD in games such as  Dying Light.  Unfortunately i don't have any error code to share because, I didn't get a Blue screen but just grainy image then auto restart with Error message about BSOD.  

Since i got this error twice, I just turned Enhanc. sync off.  waiting for future fixes.

Thanks.

9 Replies

I use enhanced sync in all games...but I select it in the game profile, not global. Did you disable vert sync in the game menu? It must be set to 'off'.

I have it enabled,  why it must be set off ? I thought it must be turned on to cooperate with enhanced sync.

No...it should be off.

Do you have the Power Limit set to the Max + value? (all the way to the right)

thag
Adept I

No i have default settings of 0% on my RX 580

I don't use enhanced sync. I found it to cause many issues myself and don't really need it as I have a freesync monitor. I suggest you try with vsync on in that game. Not being first person shooter the little bit of lag should be no issue for you. See if that helps. If you are still getting the BSOD I would try a clean install of the driver. 

Plus know that in general the RX 580's as kingfish already mentioned are greatly stabilized by the 50 power limit and a custom fan curve to help throttling. Below are my setting don't use my speed settings but follow the power limit and fan curve for maximum stability. 

Will give it a try. Thanks.

About the enhanced sync...unless you have a freesync monitor...use enhanced sync. Turn vert sync in the game off. This setting should be applied in the game profile...setting it in Global can cause issues with some websites/applications.

0 Likes