cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

psyxeon
Adept III

AMD DX 11 Poor performance. Please add support for driver command lists!

6800xt + 5900x x570 + 32gb 3600 cl14 + Samsung 980 pro 2 tb

"2 of my 12 cores are a 100%"

AMD driver is missing support for driver command lists, which allows single-threaded commands to be distributed across multiple threads.

adrenaline.jpggta night looking at the city .jpggta night looking away  .jpg

Capture.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/s64ep1/dx11_poor_performance_in_some_games/

Please AMD fix it!

11 Replies
dicehunter
Adept II

This explains a fair bit.

The problem is right there.

AMD driver is missing support for driver command lists

Nothing to do.

I installed the 6800xt on my old 3900x b450 and the problem in gta is solved. LOL

Now install the 5900X in your B450, If your board has an updated bios, Considering both the 3900X and 5900X are 12 core CPU's you should be getting better performance with the 5900X due to higher single core performance, Higher IPC etc.... if not then there's something wrong with your 5900X.

I tested that too and it works fine but I want to use my x570 Aorus master with the 6800xt.

0 Likes
Coldshot
Adept I

Very disappointing indeed. I switched to AMD after 7 years of NVIDIA and this is a deal breaker for me.

0 Likes

You know what!  I just switched the card 6800xt to and older and  slower rig an  3900x msi b450 max  32gb 3600 ram and all the problems i had with GTA online are solved. 

There is a bug or something weird with the x570 aorus master. 

hanke
Adept I

So was it the mobo or the cpu?  Can you tell me that?

cheers

0 Likes
psyxeon
Adept III

I dont know I´m still using the old rig and it works 3900x msi b450 max  32gb 3600

0 Likes
hanke
Adept I

thats strange but okay , thanks

0 Likes
hanke
Adept I

Hello guys, I tried everything like from morepowertool, disable ulps, changing adrenalin settings and reinstall/deinstall adrenalin/chipset driver and so many other things and nothing helped, but finally I found the problem! It was in the bios settings of my msi b550 gaming plus motherboard, press F7 or click on advanced in the top and go into overclocking\advanced cpu configuration\amd cbs and disable global c-state control, this crap caused so many problems for me like dips in fps stutters lags and so on, also you can go into device manager\system devices\high precision event timer\ right click\disable device. And you can run your minimum frequenz (Mhz) clock  100 lower than your max frequenz (Mhz) clock in the adrenalin settings. I tested elden ring 60 fps drops to 34 fps and so on, gpu load dropped to 0%. With that disabled elden ring runs perfect at 60 fps and my gpu load dont fall into 0% anymore, sure elden ring drops sometimes to 59 fps or could drop a little bit below in some scenes but thats normal! My cpu load is now by 30-60%, before it was by 4%. I hope i could help you with that.

0 Likes