cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD drivers wont download. Says Network error

Ive have tried so much to download my amd drivers for my rx 5700 xt on my b450 pro4 motherboard and I can download anything else and it'll be fine but with AMD I get a "Failed - Network error" and I cant downlod the new or older drivers for this. Ive also tried  to download auto detect to download the drivers and even that wont work. Does anyone have a solution for this?

17 Replies
Flyfisherman
Challenger

In most cases when a Network download error occurs, it is caused by malware on the computer.
Make sure that You have scanned the drives with a descent antivirus s/w.

However in rare circumstances it could be caused by the Web browser itself.
In such cases a reset of the Web browser cache can resolve the problem.
You will find it under the settings menu.

Depending of which Web browser You are using: Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, MS Edge etc. You can try to switch to another Web browser.

Or just right click on the the link > save link as => it will then download the file to the default place on Your drive.
Btw. if this works, it is most certainly a corrupt cache in the Web browser, which can easily be resolved by resetting its cache.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

Im using Chrome and Ive tried other browsers. Ive tried windows explorer and it says the saame thing. So would it then be malware? Ive tried to do an auto update on the driver i have installed now and it says no amd product detected so would that be a problem with my motherboard? Everything else is good its just that I cant install the updates. Would windows firewall work to see if there is malware on the system, because I have that enabled and it says that nothings being detected as malware or a virus on my computer

0 Likes

No problem with Your motherboard at all, it has nothing to do with this.
Windows Firewall is excellent (actually used by most 3-party anti virus s/w) and can not in any circumstances cause the problem and the the firewall only protects from outgoing traffic - not incoming. All software firewalls works the same.
Only a hardware firewall can block incoming traffic such in a router for example.

Have You done any changes in the router firewall? Such as open up a tunnel for games? In that case the routers Firewall protection will be comprised.

Ok, I'm thinking here and it is quite possible that You have a malware (similar but not quite a virus) on Your computer.
What antivirus s/w do You have and is it up to date?
Try to scan Your drives first.

If that is not working perhaps You have corrupted system files?
Start > just type CMD > in the list that occurs > right click on CMD.EXE or Command prompt and 'Run as Administrator' > a new window opens > type sfc /scannow and Enter.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

It says windows resource protection did not find any integrity violation. So maybe it isn't malware then?

OK.  Windows resource protection (sfc /scannow) did not find any integrity violation good, but it is not the same as malware infection.
A malware can still be there and be very dangerous.
Do an antivirus scan as I said before.

Btw. What auto start s/w do You have up and running?
Like Skype, etc. Close all such extra s/w and then try gain.

0 Likes

And did You try all of my tips above?
for ex. right click on the link and save as?

You must read and confirm everything and answer the questions in the posts, so that we know what You have tried and possible can come up with a solution.

Best regards from Sweden

0 Likes

I forgot the obvious:  restart the computer and by that I mean turn off and then unplug the power cable from the wall outlet and wait at least 10 sec. before You start up again.
The 10 seconds is because some capacitors could still have some charges and corrupt memory cells will then be completely reset.

Perhaps others can step in, because I'm out of ideas right know.

0 Likes

I've also done nothing to the router to make it not accept the amd servers

0 Likes

If you couldn't download from 3dGURU than you have something blocking the connection to those websites including AMD since your laptop was able to download from AMD website or 3dGURU.

If you are using a VPN that can sometimes block certain websites from be working correctly. If using a VPN, temporarily turn it off and see if you can now access AMD Download page.

Found this Wikihow website that show basic troublehshooting tips on how to find out why you can't connect to a certain website: https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can%27t-Access-a-Particular-Website

I've tried several browsers and use Chrome right now. Windows Explorer indicates the same thing, which I have also tried. If so, would that make it malware? Would it be a motherboard issue if I tried to perform an automatic update on the driver I currently have installed and it said no AMD product detected? The only thing that's bad is that I can't install the updates. Would the Windows Firewall function to check for malware on the system? I have it on, but it reports that no malware or viruses have been found on my PC.

Are you using a 'download manager app', and/or could it be your AV software settings causing an issue ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I dont have a download manager

Could also be that AMD Server in your region is having Maintenance or repairs done.

Possibly your ISP is having problems too.

See if you can download from AMD from someone else's computer. If you can then the problem is with your own computer.

Otherwise I would wait at least one or two days and try again. If the same thing happens then it could be Malware infections, as mentioned previously or your A/V program or Windows is blocking the internet connection.

EDIT: Try downloading the latest AMD Driver from 3dGURU website which doesn't use AMD Servers.

I tried downloading it on the other site and that didnt work either and my other laptop can download it as well. Just not this computer

0 Likes
Zexa
Journeyman III

Where you able to find a solution to this problem? I think its pretty rare and can't find much about how to fix it. 

0 Likes

I did find a solution that works for me. I spent all day trying to find a solution and one way that worked for me was a VPN. I used a website vpn not an actual full vpn that changed my PC IP. The vpn allowed me to download the drivers and I don't know how. I tried all day to download the latest drivers over here in L.A, but when I put the VPN to somewhere like Oregon it worked. I don't know if it's the AMD L.A website that is having issues or if its my ISP. So I recommend using a VPN to download the drivers 

0 Likes
mlt
Journeyman III

FWIW I downloaded the file on my phone first without problems on the same network & WiFi. Then I moved it to PC by sharing the downloaded file using "CIFS provider" app for android as I was lazy to deal with cables.

On my desktop, both Chrome & Edge reported bad network connection.

0 Likes