cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

darkhale23
Newcomer

AMD Drivers will stop working after a couple of days - Ryzen 2500u

Well as I mentioned, I recently bought an HP laptop with a Ryzen 5 2500U and is giving me a couple of problems.

As soon as I got the laptop first thing I did was install the official drivers from amd, restared and set everything for gaming presets, I was getting good performance on Dark Souls Remaster and other games, around 40-60 fps on low 720p whith the charger plugged in, after a couple of days I noticed a great dropped on fps all the way to 15-20fps on the same games and situations, also I noticed videos would also stutter a lot, tried different sites and browsers but it wouldn´t get fixed, I tried to open the AMD adrenalin software to check if everything was allright and it just wouldn´t open at all, I ended up uninstalling the drivers and installing them again, it worked and went back to normal performance, but after 3-4 days I am having the same issues, I have both windows and AMD drivers up to date, I really want to get a permanent soultion to this issue besides of reinstalling drivers every couple of days.

Thank you for any help provided in advanced.

Specs:

Model: HP Pavilion - 15-cw0003la

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 2500U Quad-Core (2 GHz base frequency, up to 3.6 GHz burst frequency, 6 MB cache)

RAM: 8 GB de SDRAM DDR4-2400 (1 x 8 GB)

GPU: AMD Radeon™ Vega 8 Graphics

Driver: AMD Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.3

0 Likes
1 Reply

Go to HP Support for your laptop from here: HP Pavilion - 15-cw0003la Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support 

Download HP's AMD Driver for your laptop and install it after removing the current AMD Driver with DDU:

Also update your BIOS if it is older than the one shown.

Once you install HP's AMD Driver see if the problem occurs. If it does than run Diagnostic to check for software and hardware issues:  HP Support Diagnostic Tools – Automated fix for HP Laptop Computers & Printers