Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

tzoukritzou
Journeyman III

AMD drivers issue with Dell Inspiron

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 5545 with dual graphics, AMD R6 and R7 M265DX. I have Windows 10 64bit and the drivers from AMD would not work well so all this time I had the drivers Windows update provided, which were better, not the quality of the drivers of when I had Windows 7 but better than the drivers the AMD support site provided. On 5 of April I received a notification in my computer from AMD update telling me than new drivers went out (those of 4 April) and I installed them. Those were the best drivers ever, everything ran super smooth and the games played excellent. After that I had to format my laptop for irrelevant reasons and after formatting I downloaded the latest 4 of April drivers from the AMD website. Then this strange issue occured; Everytime i pressed the power button to power up my pc, it shut down at the boot screen. The second time I pressed the power up, it would boot normally, with the exception that the boot time would be really longer. I figured out that it could be a drivers problem, so I uninstalled them and indeed, the boot time returned back to normal and the issue with the boot shutdown went away. Then, I installed the drivers from the autodetect utility and the same issue persisted so I went back again to Windows update drivers. However, the Windows drivers are really bad as long as games are concerned. My question is, where can I find those drivers that AMD update had suggested on 5th of April, those who played really great?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
kingfish
MVP

Re: AMD drivers issue with Dell Inspiron

It sounds as if you have a APU processor. What is the exact model?

0 Kudos
conners
Adept II

I would start at this page. It should have all the information you would need.

Product Support | Dell US

0 Kudos
tzoukritzou
Journeyman III

The processor model is AMD A10-7300 Radeon R6, 10 Compute Cores.

0 Kudos
tzoukritzou
Journeyman III

I have already checked it, these drivers don't have the same boot issue but still their performance is way lower than the ones I'm looking for.

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

0 Kudos
tzoukritzou
Journeyman III

I have tried with every driver out there and nothing seems to work except that driver AMD Update suggested of 4th of April. Is there a way to "manually" make this AMD update pop up in case it suggests the same driver or is there onother way to find it? I'm sure its launch date was 4 April but it's not the one autodetect suggests (which is faulty).

0 Kudos
conners
Adept II

I think what I would try is to goto Device Manager and Uninstall the problem device as well as it's driver.  Hit Scan For Hardware Changes. Continue to delete until it comes back with the generic driver. Then navigate to the driver you want to install and see wot happens. <--Maybe even run as administrator.

Hope that helps...

0 Kudos
kingfish
MVP

For future reference your computer processor/graphics is AMD A10-7300 APU with Radeon R6 Graphics. That's the update you look for when using steps 1-5 to manually select HERE. You would do better when posting on a forum to include that this is a laptop with a  APU and switchable graphics. There's a big difference.

0 Kudos
conners
Adept II

Sorry if I offended you by posting.

No need in offending me in your rant by trying to help.

0 Kudos