cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

MagnusFarseeR
Journeyman III

AMD Drivers, Annoying Compatibility Issues With The Samsung QN90B TV, Still Hasn't Been Fixed

I updated to 23.2.1 today and it said my display is not Freesync compatible in my AMD settings while freesync worked when I was on 22.5.1. Now HDR doesn't work at all and it doesn't recognize my display as being HDR compatible while it was just working on 23.2.1, this happened after it said my computer needed to be restarted to complete the installation of Steel Series Nahimic Audio 3 which is audio enhancement software that I always have on. I suppose this is an issue with this audio program being updated messing up something with my display drivers compatibility but freesync not working remains. 

I thought updating my tv's firmware from 1420 to the most recent version 1430 would fix it but there has been no change. 

I hope AMD can fix these annoying problems because they keep happening with every new driver version. 

I just installed 22.5.1 again and it says my display is not compatible with freesync, this is extremely annoying and it is likely a compatibility issue with the Samsung QN90B version 1430 firmware. 

I have re-installed 23.2.1 2 times now and HDR won't work at all, it won't recognize HDR on my TV and it still thinks my TV isn't Freesync compatible, when I was on firmware version 1420 freesync worked, now it doesn't. Why does AMD have so many problems with this TV? Nvidia Drivers don't have annoying issues like these. AMD still isn't able to fix it, more problems come with every new driver version, before it was HDR not working on some versions, now it is HDR not working and free sync not working. 

Now I need to use 22.5.1 just to have HDR working and I can't use Freesync at all now anyway, even though I didn't have it on much, it is nice to know it at least works incase I want it on again. 

THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING, I WANTED THE PERFORMANCE BOOST WITH THIS DRIVER VERSION AS I GOT 3-12 MORE FPS IN BATTLEFIELD 2042 ON 4K/ULTRA DEPENDING ON WHERE I WAS ON A MAP. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
MagnusFarseeR
Journeyman III

I reverted to 22.5.2 and HDR works but Freesync still won't work. 

0 Likes