cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

amddriverhater
Journeyman III

AMD Drivers after 15.11.1 (Nov 2016) keep disabling my R9 390 fans

Every single AMD driver since Crimson was developed has caused the same problem for me; the fans on my R9 390 will suddenly stop working, my card overheats and causes a BSOD, and there we go. When I uninstall using DDU and re-install the last Catalyst driver available (nov 2016, 15.11), the problem goes away. The latest instance happened twice in the last hour, after I had installed the latest Crimson ReLive driver last night at midnight; prior to this, no crashed or problems in the last 2 weeks (during which I had used the aforementioned 15.11 driver);

1- I am watching a stream on Twitch.

2- The screen goes flickers, goes black, comes back.

3- I consult MSI afterburner and see the fan setting at 90% (as I have defined) BUT...

4-...from the usual 38-40 degrees I get when the fans are running at 90% to 48....49...50...increasing 1 degree per second or so.

I have done a complete Windows re-install, downgraded from Win10 to Win7, uninstalled the AMD drivers via control panel and then with DDU in safe mode, nothing seems to correct this. The only time I have any sort of stability is with the amd-catalyst-15.11.1beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov14 driver package.

0 Likes
1 Reply
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: AMD Drivers after 15.11.1 (Nov 2016) keep disabling my R9 390 fans

Third party tools like Afternburner are not compatible with Crimson Relive which uses Wattman.