Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Vilem_Otte
Adept I

AMD Driver Problem

Hello,

I'm using AMD Radeon 6800 graphics card as my hardware, the problem happens only on this graphics card, previous ones (Radeon 590 and 380 are working properly). The problem happens since launch of the GPU, graphics drivers did not solve anything so far.

The problem is the following - I'm using GTK+ in Windows for applications. They are using OpenGL renderer, and even after few frames it starts flickering.

Most of the time I launch the application I get a crash within at most few seconds in AMD graphics driver dll. Inside atio6axx.dll - call stacks look like this all the time:

Vilem_Otte_0-1622149736007.png

Video example (cut on viewports):

Please let me know how can I help resolve this issue. I was first going to wait for multiple months for graphics drivers to fix the issues, yet the problems still persist after almost 6 months.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Problem resolved.

AMD Adrenalin Software (which is bundled with driver) is causing the crash in OpenGL driver. This happens in pretty much every application (incl. Blender).

Temporary solution? Uninstall Adrenalin completely and install driver directly by hand.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vilem_Otte
Adept I

My apologize for multiple-posting.

The problem also happens in gtk-demo.exe application in GtkGLArea example. Although due to simplicity it often takes much longer for flickering to happen.

The same problem with crashes inside atio6axx.dll happens in other applications (various small OpenGL applications on SFML, other GtkGLArea applications). I noticed crashing also in Unigine Heaven benchmark when running with OpenGL.

Also, if general advice is - rewrite whole application into Direct3D or Vulkan, due to scale of our application that is not feasible nor sane approach.

0 Likes

Additional information - when I attach RenderDoc (which apparently does something), the problem with flickering is gone.

This is NOT a solution though - but it might be a good lead for you.

0 Likes

To follow up, it really is EVERY OpenGL based software. Incl. F.e. Blender - which crashes within like 60 seconds at most.

0 Likes

Problem resolved.

AMD Adrenalin Software (which is bundled with driver) is causing the crash in OpenGL driver. This happens in pretty much every application (incl. Blender).

Temporary solution? Uninstall Adrenalin completely and install driver directly by hand.

0 Likes