Drivers & Software

richardferdian
Journeyman III

AMD driver latest 22.2.3 not available on windows 11

why windows 10 get amd driver version 22.2.3, while windows 11 not

My device is ryzen 7 4700u , windows 11 latest build

0 Likes
5 Replies

It is best to use your laptop manfacturer's Support AMD Driver since AMD Mobile Graphic drivers are basic and generic unless your Laptop Support drivers are very out-dated.

I see that AMD download page only has the latest WQHL Driver for Windows 11 but the latest AMD Driver is "Optional". 

That could be the reason why. Maybe AMD believes it is best to use a WQHL driver for Windows 11 at this time.

Have you tried to install the Windows 10 AMD Driver in Windows 11 and see if it installs and runs correctly?

even if its a basic intergrated gpu, some games run up to 15 percent better in amd driver version 22.2.1 (especially emulator) i have compared to version 21, since version 21 is very outdated,( released in 2020), and based on the notice version 22.2.3 improve it further

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

I have Windows 11 and it's available for me, through Adrenalin...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

W11 pro and I'm running it since the day it was released.

0 Likes

The OP is talking about the latest Windows 10 AMD Option version not being available for his APU mobile processor in Windows 11.

It only has Windows 11 WHQL version but not the latest Option version that just came out.

0 Likes