cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

AMD DRIVER INSTALL

I recently updated Adrelin to 18.6 but that immediately crashed with a blue screen

I tried to uninstall it and re install fresh with an older version, but it kept on re installing the faulty driver Adrenalin 18.5.1.

I used cleanup utility, windows uninstall software, direct delete, amd express/custom uninstall but to no avail

whats more I freaked and I accidently also deleted the driver from device manager for the card

my amd card is R7 M445 on an intel i5 7th Gen

I tried to re download, re install, clean install but nothing happens.

no Adrenalin or Catalyst like software comes and none of my programs can detect it any more

Need urgent help

0 Likes
1 Solution

The only solution that worked for me was to uninstall then delete everything AMD. I then re downloaded an older Driver that I knew was working perfectly. and Installed it. Now problem is resolved.

Moral: NEVER UPDATE

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Try Laptop graphics update...How to

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yea none of the solutions are working for me

Whats more the most simples and easiest is to delete everything AMD and re install the last working driver. I know the number of it. But I cannot because the AMD site is so not user friendly. It does not even list my card, Radeon R7 M445 not does it provide access to older, stable drivers amdmatt

0 Likes

Hey, your card is not listed in "Select your product", but I think you can select "Radeon R7 M4XX Series"

0 Likes

The only solution that worked for me was to uninstall then delete everything AMD. I then re downloaded an older Driver that I knew was working perfectly. and Installed it. Now problem is resolved.

Moral: NEVER UPDATE

with amd it's the only possible solution because if you wait for them, first buy a new card LOL

0 Likes

Your issue sounds just like my issues with my R9 with recent drivers.

I have had issues from random lockups to my machine won't even run with the last few versions of the drivers with my R9 380x. My RX 580 works fine with those same drivers and my HD 7950 works but at the wrong clock speed.  So I run the RX 580 with the latest drivers. The other two I have found that 18.3.3 (this is also the last driver that didn't have issues with some of my mice drivers) was the last driver that most things could be made to work okay with tweaks. So you might try that. The last driver that worked properly with defaults was 17.10.1.

Can't say this will fix your issue, but may be worth a try if you wan't a more current driver.

Also normally whey you need older drivers from AMD they are in the column in orange to the right  (don't know why the can't just do a tab labeled previous drivers in the same box as the current drivers, would be less confusing for everyone) of the current drivers titled Download Previous Drivers & Software

Your page with your driver download is absolutely missing that link to previous drivers. AMD's webmaster needs to fix that page. I find a lot of issues from a webmaster standpoint with the AMD site constantly.

Anyone doubting this need only follow this link: Mobile

amdmatt​  could you add this to large list of the same issues I already sent you on this issue and could you please ask your webmaster to fix the download page linked above?

0 Likes

No Mobility driver has a "Previous driver" link...never has.

0 Likes

Sorry I never had a mobility product. Thanks for that history information.  Gotta wonder why not? What are you supposed to do then if you have to regress drivers because a new one breaks things?

0 Likes

Exactly....You have to check the Read Me on each/any previous driver to see if it supports specific laptop graphics.

0 Likes

but how would you check that on a previous if there is no link to it? That was what I wondered.

0 Likes

Just noticed there is a new driver available now too!

0 Likes

Hard to find...and nothing for the HD series

AMD Radeon™ Notebook Graphics Drivers

0 Likes

Thanks, imagine if its hard for you to find it would be darn near impossible for a first timer.

0 Likes

Yea this is the second time this happened for me. First time it was without the restarts, just that my card was no longer being used by any software or game. This was the second time.

There wont be a third. I'm never gonna update drivers and first chance I get I'm going to get rid of it and switch to Nvidia. An absolute waste of money and absolute lack of support from the negligent manufactures who owe equal duty of care to all their customers be they users of VEGA, R9 or Mobility but don't bother to address issues plaguing numerous users.

There was absolutely no solution provided, the ones that other AMD users (not the company personnel) suggested were all from various tech sites that Google showcases AMD have not addressed the issue in 18.5.1 and rolled out 18.6.1 also has the same issue. There is never any excuse for sheer negligence

0 Likes

I know for me, that Guru3D_com has always had a great repository of old drivers for just about everything graphical ever made. I absolutely agree this process should not be a challenge and that it should be done way better than it is. People do vote with their dollars, it is a shame when all parties don't seem to realize that.

0 Likes