cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Re: AMD Driver doesn't even show up in Device Manager

You are not experiencing any BIOS problems. If you can enable Windows Device Manager to see the GPU, then you can already fix this problem yourself with an appropriate driver. Do not forget to run DDU before installing the display driver. They have already told you what is needed.

0 Likes
dbeat
Adept I

Done that, I am not experiencing any BIOS problems but is crucial to have the lattest BIOS acording to any forum or support regarding this issue.  The Device Manager is already enabled,  or don't know what you mean by enable it. The appropiate driver won't install, won't work; the one in the DELL support page (with the exact model) nor the one in the AMD official page, both drivers won't install. In my original thread I go into detail about all the things I've done including DDU before installing the display driver, it won't work.

0 Likes
dbeat
Adept I

Yes, it is cold and neither amdradeonhelp AMD, MICROSOFT OR DELL care about their customers.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Device manager cannot detect GPU hardware. There are two reasons for this.

1) OS doesn't see GPU.

2) BIOS doesn't see GPU.

Actually, it might seem like updating the BIOS can fix this problem. But I think it doesn't. Because every available BIOS needs to see the GPU. So there is an OS or hardware error. Try new Win installation to make sure there is no OS error. If the result does not change, contact the laptop service.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Edit:

Even the bluetooth device was disabled in the picture. Does the GPU have with on-off keyboard shortcut? Be sure to check it out. The problem not the BIOS, I guess.

0 Likes
dbeat
Adept I

Now it does detect the GPU but the wrong one Radeon R9 2000X, this wrong detection brings great inestability to the system, so Windows disables and hide the Driver. Then Windows change it to Microsoft Basic adapter. I have tried doing the process with the DDU, cleanup AMD, updating Intel drivers before installing AMD ones, nothing works. Have reinstalled Windows clean, had to install all my software again and again, and still it is a great mess. And all this problems started with the Windows 10 recent updates, I mean, there was inestability before but I managed to control it with the catalyst drivers. AMD Adrenalin 2020 the controller that according to AMD is complatible, just freezes my laptop.

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

There is no BIOS or hardware or OS problem.

Use DDU and uninstall 2020 drivers. Try the driver shared by the laptop manufacturer. This might be a bug.

0 Likes
dbeat
Adept I

Done that a few times, and nothing. I even used the AMD Cleaner to wipe out any shred of drivers and start a clean intalation with the laptop manufacturer driver, it wont work. I'm really lost here. #amddriversamdsupporthelp‌   

0 Likes
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Reset Windows. If the result does not change, install Windows cleanly. If the result does not change, contact the laptop service. Laptops are closed systems. So the probability of a problem occurring is less than desktops. If you can update the BIOS, you can try this. I came across a lot of programs on the Dell page.

Your computer is inactivating the GPU depending on a situation. I don't know the reason for this and the best way to find out is to contact Dell.

Goodbye...

0 Likes
dbeat
Adept I

yeah im contacting Dell, have tried all the solutions you sugested. Thanks anyway