cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Liabelz
Adept I

AMD Driver disabled automatically

When I am playing some games, i got some black screen issues and it must be restarted to be on again. After i restarted, my graphic card disabled automatically in device manager. I enabled it then exclamation mark appears. I need to disable-enable again so it will normal again. This issue happen almost everytime i play games. Any solutions?

Ryzen 5 5600

RX 6700 XT

AMD Adrenalin Version 22.11.2

16 Replies
0x87
Adept II

I'm having the same issue

I've tried reformatting my PC, trying Windows 11, installing older drivers.. 

I'm running Ryzen 9 5900x

And MSI 6700xt

This issue only began 3 days ago and is driving me nuts 

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried using DDU to remove all of the old driver files, then reinstall using the download at AMD support page?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
novalestic
Adept II

So turn out the newest driver dont work too i guess. I tried ddu but only work for like a week or so, then the problem occur again

0 Likes

This is an interesting problem. It just randomly disables the GPU in device manager for you too?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

No, im my case worse, it doesnt work, it do show up in Device Manager but it wasnt there in my task manager which mean it doesn't work. I believe this was driver issue, or something with win 11 driver conflicted with amd driver, it does detect the APU tho' but still my RX6600M just dont show up.

I tried to clean all the driver with DDU as per suggestion, and installed the stable version that i know (22.5.1) and shut down my laptop (restarting dont work), and somehow got a black screen, restart it again and manage to reach the login screen, check the task manager and there it is, RX6600M, work about maybe a week or so before i played Cyberpunk 2077 and just restarted it self, and voila, my GPU is gone again. I had Omen 16 with Ryzen 9 5900HX, i don't know if there's someone have the same issues as i did here. 

I mean when i bought it it was fine, everything works unless the Gaming Hub sometime just refuse to work but still everything was fine until couple of windows update.  

Idk who to blame but i kinda disappointed 

0 Likes

The problem with laptops is, you really should only use the drivers from the laptop support page. They are specifically tuned for your hardware configuration. It's a pain because some OEMs don't update their drivers on the support page leaving you with drivers that are significantly older than the desktop counterparts.

I suggest using the laptop drivers from the laptop site. It is unfortunately the only solution I can think of and in most cases since the manufacturers don't update their drivers for the laptops you can miss out on optimizations that the official AMD drivers give you.

0 Likes

thanks, i'll try that

well i tried that just now, and still doesn't work. 

0 Likes

That is about where my knowledge on the topic of laptops ends. Hopefully someone out there knows more and posts.

0 Likes

You know, It happen while playing some games, it freeze for awhile then the monitor turning off. but for some another games, it only crash and force close (without turning off screen).

0 Likes
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

Have you tried uninstalling the drivers with AMD Cleanup Utility or a program called DDU and then reinstalling the newest drivers.

0 Likes

Yep, i did. 
I have downloaded the driver from HP, cut off my internet connection just in case, uninstalled the current driver with DDU in safe mode, deleted AMD driver folder, and install the manufacturer driver, restart it and looks to be worked (it detect the graphic card) and... the driver crashes in 10 minutes, restart the laptop, its fine again, and then crash again in 15 minutes,  it drive me nuts i can't figured out what trigger it, i tried to let it idle around like 20 minutes before the driver crash again.

I mean i can still us the laptop for everyday work alright not it got blue screen every 5 minutes or something like that but i bought this laptop to have fun too, now that i can't even use the GPU, its feels like you bought a sport car that only go 40mph, ridiculous. 

I waiting HP to somehow release a new update to fix this, because as far as im concern, this was their fault too (HP assistance suddenly updating the drivers after windows update finished). As far as i know, fellow RX6000 series owner almost had the same issues if not worse, the only difference was, if i had pc, i can swallow the fact that my gpu had **bleep**ty support and i simply can just swap my gpu, buy a new one, well i can't do that with laptop can i? Jesus Christ!

0 Likes

I understand. Have you contacted HP? This is a community forum, mostly run by community managers. To submit a ticket for actual AMD tech support here is the link. https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form  All I can do is tell you to maybe run some tests to see if thermals are bad and if they aren't and since you tried all the drivers that's as far as it goes. You should contact HP and see what they can do. 

Hmm, it's weird. So this is what happened. My newest update.

Windows have offered the new AMD driver. So i think eh, why the hell not, if it busted already what did i lose anyway. So i let it install the updates and restart it. And somehow it work, again. But there's a catch, sometimes after i turn on my laptop it goes black screen after boot (before even made to the login menu) so i had to restart it again until it work, usually once. Man i don't know what was the problem at this point, it's so unstable.

0 Likes
F1Aussie
Adept I

I have had a very similar issue, did you get it sorted out?

0 Likes
artcrackhead
Journeyman III

AMD fixed its yet since i have the same problem on my new rx6600 sometime its freeze then need to force shutdown then my rx 6600 driver need to be install back today is 5x happen

0 Likes