cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

supereuphonium
Journeyman III

amd driver crashing since new driver update

Ever since I updated my graphics drivers for my AMD Radeon HD 7800 i get random graphics driver crashes and sound loops while only playing games.  The screen turns one color, with stripes that are of lighter color, and the color is random.  Sometimes its black and gray, others its brown and light brown.  If the sound loop turns to silence, I have to turn my computer off and on, otherwise it recovers on its own.  My most recent crash also gave me a blue screen signifying my computer crashed, but I was able to restart without a problem.  The problem seems to go away when I turn the computer off a couple times after the drivers crash.  GPU overheating is unlikely, as the temperature under load is around 50 C.  My driver version is 16.3.2.  I do not know my previous version.  I have, on multiple occasions, wiped all drivers from my computer and re-installed them, but it doesn't work.  Would reverting to an older version fix this? and where can I download older versions? My OS is windows 7 64-bit

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sandrino
Miniboss

Re: amd driver crashing since new driver update

Try to update your gpu`s drivers to the newest 16.5.1 crimson

0 Kudos
supereuphonium
Journeyman III

I have tried that already, still has the same issues

0 Kudos
kroms
Adept III

I had the same issues and some other issues as well.

Get another SSD, install Win10  pro in it and try it then, I did this a while back , i cant choose where to boot when i start my PC and the performance and game stability i have had on Win 10 is unreal.  Im glad i did on a whim to just see if it made a difference because it was a HUGE difference for me.

Was something wrong with my Win 7pro ?   Maybe no idea, all i know i spend over a month and tried Everything , including NEW install and all that and still had issues.

Ive never had the need now to boot back into my Win7 pro 64  because the PC is just rocking smooth now and my games work.

0 Kudos
L4d
Challenger

We have 16.5.2 since today.

0 Kudos
supereuphonium
Journeyman III

Is replacing the HHD required? (i don't have an SSD).  Can I just update to windows 10 and that's it?

0 Kudos
L4d
Challenger

You should be able to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free, regardless of it being on a HDD or SSD.

0 Kudos