cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

elstaci
MVP

Re: Driver constantly crashing..

Sometimes when a Hard drive is going bad, it doesn't write data correctly thus corrupting your windows or programs that are installed or being installed.

Run a Hard Drive diagnostics and see if it finds anything wrong with your C: drive. You can download one from the Hard Drive's manufacturer's website. It is free to download and use normally.

The reason why I mentioned to the check the Hard drive is that you have to reinstall Windows to get everything to work again.

0 Likes
sentocnik
Journeyman III

When I do that it solves the issue of windows rolling back to 17.1.1, it keeps it new BUT after the crash it uninstalls the AMD radeo settings app and i cannot open it again?

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
sentocnik
Journeyman III

I will test my SSD with Error check and Crystal Disk after i get home from work.

Really hope someone from AMD actually comments on this topic here in forum..

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

AMD will not become aware of your issue unless you report it to them.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

or

sentocnik
Journeyman III

I did complete the AMD Issue Reporting Form yesterday.

Hopefully I will get an answer soon.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

There are no replies to the Issue Report...it is to report problems only.

0 Likes
sentocnik
Journeyman III

elstaci

I had run the SSD tests and my SSD is running perfectly..

The problem should be with Windows-AMD working domain, where the installation just fcks itself for some reason.

I don't think I need to RMA my GPU, I will run stress tests just to see the stability of it tho.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

It does sound like a Windows Update - AMD Driver issue. Best to follow Kingfish advice in the previous post to let AMD Support know of the problem.

I didn't realize you were using a SSD which wasn't mentioned in your previous post. But it is no harm in running diagnostic test on your hardware. You never know when a component is going bad until you start having many issues with your computer.

0 Likes