Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

CaymanSeb
Journeyman III

AMD Driver crashes on "End Game" of COD Cold War

Hi Everyone,

i am desperate trying to get my Call of Duty Cold War running without a driver crash...

First of all, these are my specifications:

Gigabyte 990fxa-ud5 (Bios already flashed on newest version (FC))

AMD FX-8320 (8core, 3,5GHz)

AMD Radeon R9 290

Corsair RAM 2 x 8GB DDR3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (All Updates installed)

Radeon Software 21.1.1 (18.01.2021)

I already tried all of the common solutions you can find in the web (Scan and repair game data, update graphic card driver (with reset), reinstall Cold War (also tried different HDD/SSD), force game start with direct x 11, but nothing works...

The special thing is, that the game runs perfect till one round ends (go back to lobby after playing a map). At this point the screen stucks, turns black and i get the message AMD Bug Report Tool (Driver Timeout or Driver stopped working (I don't know the exact phrase, i get this message in German)). Sometimes i get the crash handle message from Cold War (Fatal Error: Unfortunately the application... blabla.. try scan and repair...). 

Has anyone any idea, what i could try next? I have this problem since i got this game a few months ago...

If there is a crash log, i will try to find it and post it into this topic, just tell me if needed and where to find.

Thank you!

CaymanSeb/Sebastian

0 Likes
1 Reply
shooty43
Journeyman III

Hey,

I'm having the same issue, did you happen to find a fix?

I've swapped my graphics card and updated everything I can, still no luck though.

0 Likes