cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gkid94
Adept I

AMD Driver Certification

Can you please do a WHQL certification of the AMD Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta driver

Website: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6670

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz

MS-7597 ver. 1.3

8GB DDR3 RAM

Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB GDDR5

1TB HDD

Samsung LCD 20" 1600x900

Cable Internet speed 100/6

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

0 Likes
1 Solution

Driver development on your product stopped in 2013 and no further development is planned, therefore there is no 16.2.1 WHQL driver available.

If you would like to use a WHQL driver, you can use Cayalyst 15.7.1 which has been linked to above. I will lock the thread, please feel free to send me a private message if you have additional questions.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

I seriously doubt AMD will improve or update on a Graphics Driver that is used only in legacy GPUs. You do have a WHQL Graphics Driver for the legacy GPU that uses it. It is version 15.x.xx. The BETA version was the last update for the WHQL 15.x.xx. Driver.

As AMD mentioned there will be no more updates for legacy GPUs and that includes version 15 and BETA 16 drivers.

I remember when that initial beta crimson driver was released. The said it was a thank you to all those cards customers and that it would be the final driver and to not expect a WHQL driver. That card as you already said is legacy. It is deprecated and not supported. The only future support comes for the driver as it is or any driver Microsoft releases in future repositories for Windows.

0 Likes
gkid94
Adept I

But I want the WHQL version of the AMD Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta driver

0 Likes

The last AMD WHQL Driver for your HD 6670 is version 15.7.1. : AMD Radeon™ HD 6670 Drivers & Support | AMD

The next WHQL Driver for Crimson Edition is not compatible with your GPU card. The 16.2.1 BETA is the last compatible driver for your HD 6670. Otherwise AMD would have included it in the Download page.

gkid94
Adept I

I know but I want to use the WHQL version of the 16.2.1 driver

0 Likes

From AMD Support: AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products | AMD

Copied from above link:

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

If you keep insisting in finding a WHQL Driver after 16.2.1, you have two choices:

1) Purchase and replace your legacy AMD GPU card with a more modern supported AMD GPU Card

2) Create and reprogram your own WHQL Driver from the 16.2.1 BETA

I won't be responding to this thread anymore since you don't want to accept that there is a newer WHQL Driver besides 15.7.1 for your obsolete AMD GPU card which is NOT SUPPORTED BY AMD ANYMORE.

Good luck

Where is the newer WHQL driver

0 Likes

amdmatt​ is it possible to lock this thread. The OPS refuses to accept that there are any newer Drivers for his legacy AMD GPU Card.

Driver development on your product stopped in 2013 and no further development is planned, therefore there is no 16.2.1 WHQL driver available.

If you would like to use a WHQL driver, you can use Cayalyst 15.7.1 which has been linked to above. I will lock the thread, please feel free to send me a private message if you have additional questions.