cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thebarret
Adept I

AMD driver 19.2.2 update keeps crashing

As title states, right after i upgraded to 19.2.2 it started to crash each 5 secs freezing the screen, it was evident in the Event Manager of windows that this driver was very unstable.

I done the DDU driver clean up, reinstalled 19.2.1 for now.

Specs:

GFX: R7 200 serie

Remark: The version before 19.2.1 had a nasty bug when you record in-game footage everything turned blue,

as if a inverted color filter was applied, someone else on here had the same issue. (with Fortnite)

0 Likes
5 Replies
musicrab
Journeyman III

Also found apparent issue with 19.2.2 and Metro Exodus.  19.1.1 seems ok (3 hour play with no issue.)  Couldn't find 19.2.1.

0 Likes

you have to scroll down to the bottom of the driver download page and 19.1.1 is under PREVIOUS DRIVERS

0 Likes

What was the issue with the driver and make sure to report it to AMD: Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

You should have done a clean install with the AMD driver, with the Internet disabled. If it is still not working correctly then express install the same driver over itself again. That usually does the trick. If not absolutely regress to a driver that worked but please report the issue to AMD. 

Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

Yeah you are right, it was bit of a wild ride with these drivers lately. 

0 Likes