cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

zaeemhasan
Journeyman III

AMD CPU A10 8700P and AMD R7-365/ R8-365. windows 10 to 18.03 version. Code-43 graphics drivers stopped by windows. AMD SMBus no drivers found

Hi,  I have HP ab054ng with AMD CPU A10 8700P and AMD R7-365/ R8-365 dedicated GPU. I updated windows 10 to 18.03 version in May-2018 and since then I am having AMD graphics driver issue. I can not open catalyst as it says no driver/device found. Device driver shows exclamation sign with code-43. I tried several techniques like reinstalling, windows restore, etc. but none worked. I also seeing AMD SMBus displaying message that no drivers installed but in drivers tab there are drivers installed and listed. Then in Aug-Sep-2018 I tried to force install factory provided AMD drivers of year 2015 and it worked but still can not find catalyst center or AMD graphics settings. if I update to latest drivers drivers I still get code-43 error.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Are you installing the correct driver? Laptop graphics update...How to

For laptops with AMD processors/APU's:

You do not update the discrete graphics card...you update the APU. This updated driver serves both the integrated and discrete graphics. It is the only driver you install.

0 Likes

thanks for the reply and assistance. dear I always download drivers by selecting my APU 8700P. My APU and dedicated GPU are still supported in the release notes of even the latest drivers.. My question is why was I able to upgrade drivers uptilll May-2018? Moreover, after this error why I am not able to install drivers provided in the date range 2016-May-2018? It does not make any sense.

0 Likes