Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

koose
Journeyman III

AMD Clean Uninstall Utility

Hello

I recently ran the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility for the purpose of cleanly installing the video drivers.

After restarting my computer the screen was black, I could not see even the BIOS so I worry a lot, I thought something had been damaged but discard the possibility because everything was working in order and the whole team is new.

I need help I do not know how to solve this problem, my processor does not include GPU so connecting it to my BOARD is not a solution.

The characteristics of my team are these:

-Processor: Ryzen 3 1200

-Motherboard: Asus prime A320-K

-RAM: crucial ballistix sport 8gb ddr4

-Graphic Card: GIGABYTE GTX 1050 TI G1 GAMING

0 Likes
4 Replies

The AMD Clean Uninstall Utility is not compatible with Crimson and later driver packages, and should not be used (and shouldn't even be hosted anymore). Use System Restore to go back before you uninstalled them and use Display Driver Uninstaller.

Matt_AMD
Community Manager

You have a NVidia graphics card so there is no need to run the AMD uninstall utility. Please follow the advice above and use System Restore to restore your computer to before you ran this utility.

Hi, I’m having the same problem and I was wondering how I’m suppose to use system restore if I can’t do anything such as enter bios

0 Likes
ardankyaosen
Miniboss

Really old thread, but I'll throw a couple of things out.  First, I recently updated my BIOS and it no longer shows anything when I hit the DEL key to enter BIOS (thanks Gigabyte).  It's waiting for my password and I have to enter it blindly.  Once I do that, I can see the BIOS.  If you have a password set, you could try that.  Second, does your motherboard have a BIOS Flashback or QFlash ability.  If it does and you can get a copy of the latest BIOS onto a USB, you could try reflashing the BIOS and then setting it up again (assuming that lets you see the BIOS again).

EDIT:  And let me throw in a link that might help just getting to Windows' Recovery to try first:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-boot-into-windows-or-get-into-any-recover... 

0 Likes