cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

00zim00
Journeyman III

AMD Clean Uninstall Utility link is broken?

Jump to solution

Im trying to use the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility however the link to the download is broken and dosnt work. Has this been replaced with something else?

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

I know I can uninstall just by uninstalling the amd radeon settings app/software but I was wanting a full clean driver uninstall.

I have been getting constant "Display driver stopped responding" errors causing screen artifacts and PC crashes for the last 6 months or so and the only thing I can think of which changed was the driver update i did around xmas of 2015. I was wanting to do a clean uninstall so I could either try the newer drivers from a clean state or install some older drivers.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Re: AMD Clean Uninstall Utility link is broken?

Jump to solution

For now you can use the Display Driver Uninstaller application:

Display Driver Uninstaller Thread - Guru3D.com Forums

View solution in original post

2 Replies
amdpete
Staff
Staff

Jump to solution

For now you can use the Display Driver Uninstaller application:

Display Driver Uninstaller Thread - Guru3D.com Forums

View solution in original post

00zim00
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank you

I had seen that program but wasnt sure if I should use it because it wasnt official.

On the topics of drivers, is there a driver installer/version that dosnt include the what feel like "clunky" AMD Radeon Settings program? or is it just part of the drivers and not a separate optional program. Im not a fan of the new look vs the older drivers from last year lol.

Lastly is this the correct driver for my video card? I wanted to make sure i downloaded the correct version instead of using the automatic detection.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+8.1+-+64

I have the Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 Windforce 4GB

Thank you again!

0 Kudos