cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

andrei93
Adept II

AMD Chipset Software installation failed.

I am one of the users who was experiencing issues with the old chipset driver not wanting to install. Now, this new one, 2.04.04.111, which was supposed to fix the installing issue still has the same problem for me. I even tried using IOBit Uninstaller to completely uninstall any old leftovers of previous chipset drivers but it still won't work.
pastedImage_1.png
My system configuration is as follows:
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair Hero VI X370

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700

RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200 CL14

GPU: RX Vega 64 Liquid

Storage: 1x Samsung 960 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD

1x Seagate FireCuda 2TB SSHD

PSU: Corshair HX850i 

I have attached the installation log file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. We have an existing thread on this issue, so please use that to provide your feedback and check any future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/250332 

Thank you for the log file, i will pass that along for investigation. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
rawintellect
Miniboss

Try this. It worked for me. Run the installer for the old driver with the internet OFF (turn on airplane mode) then reboot. Then run the new installer with the internet on (airplane mode off). It should fix the install issue.

andrei93
Adept II

Well, installing the old chipset driver using your method worked. All I had to do is disable the internet, I couldn't find airplane mode (I don't think it's available for PCs). Installing the new chipset driver still doesn't work though. I tried to install it with the internet off but it still failed to install. I'll attach the installation log file.

Airplane mode is available in windows 10 by double clicking the internet icon in systray.

0 Likes

I'm running on a desktop PC also.

0 Likes

Also when you run the new install run it with the internet on.

0 Likes

I installed that chipset driver fine, but I have installed windows fresh recently so there is not as much corruption in the setup

0 Likes
liandry
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. The previous driver and the new one do not want to be installed, both with the Internet turned off, and with the Internet turned on.
Matherbord - x570 Gigabyte Aorus Master
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3900x
Windows Win 10 Pro [1909.18363.752]

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Thanks for the post. We have an existing thread on this issue, so please use that to provide your feedback and check any future status updates. 

https://community.amd.com/thread/250332 

Thank you for the log file, i will pass that along for investigation. 

0 Likes