Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rainingtacco
Elite

Re: AMD Chipset Installer Stuck at 0% + Error 1720

Jump to solution

Any news? Any AMD representative care to comment on this? 

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

Jump to solution

Its not like nVidia is perfect. I have both and both have given me problems. But by all mean go over to Intel.. I hear they are superb. No security flaws no power hogs etc.. Or wait their filled with security problems and require huge amount of power..

0 Likes
kirakishou
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. In fact, since the purchase of a new ryzen 3000 processor, I have never been able to properly install or update chipset drivers. Without any problems. Each time an error: "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable." I am very tired of all this. Why they can't make a normal installer?

0 Likes
shikeilive
Adept I

Jump to solution

omegalul in a time the government is controlling and watching us you speak of security omegalul 15 Years of Intel and Nvidia Stuff and never got a Problem. 3 Days after i bought AMD it isnt working xD AMD is crap so they are in drivers and single core performance^^ 

evenq
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

7 April AMD release fix to chipset driver. Hurray xD

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

Jump to solution

Not the previous version either? (2xxx)

0 Likes
kirakishou
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

I didn’t have the previous Ryzen. 3XXX is my first AMD CPU in ~15 years.

0 Likes
raulm08_
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Where did you get that information from?

0 Likes
genrabbit
Adept II

Jump to solution

I werent thinking on ryzen, last driver had version something ending on 2xxx. Me bad for not making that clear (2.01.15.2138)

0 Likes
kirakishou
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Yes, the previous version too. You need to create a new user account and then install the driver. Otherwise installer gives an error "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified location exists and is writable."

But when I updating the Nvidia GPU driver there are no such problems, I do not need to create a new account.

Also, games, software, other drivers are installed and updated without any problems. The only problem is updating the AMD chipset drivers.

0 Likes