Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Fallen1
Journeyman III

AMD Chipset Driver : can't run the installer

Hello everyone,

I'm facing a weird issue regarding the installing process of AMD Chipset driver. Each time i try to run it i have the following message : 

This installer is for AMD systems only. It is necessary to quit the installation: this condition is not satisfied  

Installing process doesn't even start. I tried different version of AMD Chipset, but it remains the same.

Actual driver used for AMD SM Bus is 5.12.0.38.

Regarding the hardware, i just upgraded my PC, you can consider it's a new machine (cleaned everything on disks when i reinstalled windows)

CPU :  Ryzen 5 7600X

GPU :  Radeon 6800XT

Mother board : B650-P

RAM : 32 Go

Windows 11 Pro

Also, every other AMD software i tried to install doesn't cause any issue. I really don't get it. 

Does anyone have an idea or a solution regarding this issue ?

Thanks !

3 Replies
Terminus
Journeyman III

Try uninstalling the old drivers first. Then reboot & run the installer as an Administrator... 

0 Likes

Read this for uninstalling, https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/chipset-install

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Prakkie
Journeyman III

Can't install AMD chipset drivers

I am unable to update my chipset drivers both manually and auto detect software. Also my Ati GpPU software is not installable. Get the following message: "The installer is only intended to run on an AMD system. The installation is stopped because the prerequisites are not met. So in other words AMD software can't find its own hardware. Very strange but how do I solve that. 

The same thing happened with installing Ati GPU softwareCPU.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-05-13 080923.png

0 Likes