cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kaim
Journeyman III

Amd Catalyst

I dont have AMD Catalyst on my PC, and I dont know how to get it. I've already went to the AMD driver page and downloaded the drivers from there and when I restart my PC i still don't have the AMD Catalyst program. I need it because Overwatch keeps running on my intel graphics and not my Radeon graphics. Can anyone help? (Also I don't know much about tech/specs/drivers etc.)

Specs:

Radeon Software Version - 19.1.1

Radeon Software Edition - Adrenalin 2019

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

System Memory - 24 GB

CPU Type - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz

Graphics Card-Manufacturer Powered by AMD

Graphics Chipset-Radeon RX 580 Series

Screenshot of ow running on wrong graphics:

owrunning.PNG

0 Likes
16 Replies

Unless you furnish some basic information about your computer it hard to reply to > INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

0 Likes

Go into the bios...graphics/display..select the discrete/PCIE graphics as the Primary graphics. This disables the integrated graphics (Intel) and the computer will use the 580.

How do I access bios? Sorry I've never done this before.

0 Likes

Best thing to do is Google it. I'm sure there's some you tube examples.

I looked up how to get into BIOS, but there is no display/graphic tab/option I looked through it.

image0.jpg

0 Likes

You have to dig around...check under all the tabs.

Make sure the monitor is plugged in to the graphics card...not the processor.

I found it in Advanced...Advanced System Agent...Graphic Configuration...Primary Display was on another option I clicked on the PCIE like you said, I saved the options and restarted PC. When I started OverWatch and check the task manager it still ran on the wrong graphics.

stillonwrong.PNG

0 Likes
kaim
Journeyman III

Update: I went back to BIOS and the option had been changed back, I changed it again but when my PC started I instantly got a notifaction.

image0.jpg

0 Likes

You have to save the changes in the bios when you quit it. Do you have the monitor plugged in to the graphics card on your computer? You might have it plugged in to the processor.

I didn't have my monitor hooked up to it, because there was only a DVI port(my monitor uses VGA), I then was told by a friend to remove plastic tabs, that  could be "hiding" other ports. I hooked a HDMI cable to my monitor and put the other end to the graphics card. I'm going to try the process again and will update on whether it works.

0 Likes
kaim
Journeyman III

Before I go, now my AMD radeon settings wont open. I get an error: "LoadLibrary failed with error87: the parameter is incorrect."

0 Likes

Reinstall the drivers Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

I've got a class, when I return home I will try reinstalling my drivers and I will update as soon as I can. Thank you so much for the constant help.

0 Likes

Heres the update:

istiworkig.PNG

I belive it worked?

RADEON settings still cant be opened though.

0 Likes

Look in Device Manager...display/graphics...any yellow marks?

0 Likes

No I dont seem to see any yellow marks.

lknlk.PNG

0 Likes